Marijuana Kiosk – KioWare, Crane Payment and Olea team up in cannabis market
KioWare is writing the software for the marijuana kiosk while California-based Olea Kiosks Inc. is designing and manufacturing the actual kiosk. Malvern-based Crane Payment Innovations is designing equipment for handling money inside the kiosk.
“I look at it like the kiosks that are coming into the fast food industry now,” said Frank Olea, CEO at Olea. “You place your order yourself on an electric board, and you take the receipt to the front counter where they hand you your food. That’s how it works.”
Read full article. It’s very good.
Good comments within the article as well:
Dave M June 27, 2016 11:46 am
The problem is that most companies trying to do this don’t quite understand all of the implications of handling these types of transactions. While Jane built a bunch of kiosks 2 years ago to go after this market, they’re all sitting in a warehouse because the way they tried doing transactions still doesn’t pass muster with the banks. This latest approach of taking cash via a kiosk doesn’t address all of the issues either. One company that I am aware of, GetExpoNow.com, has a much different process which is meeting approval of the banks and regulators. While this article makes the problem and solution seem oh so simple, it is far from that.
- Marijuana kiosk news Bitcoin to the rescue
- Marijuana Kiosk & Cannabis
- Press Release – Marijuana Legalization, Vending and Automated Self-service Payment
- Even the Weed Industry Isn’t Safe From Automation
- Automated Cashier Hardware Demo
- Jane looking to solve big problem in the legal-marijuana industry
- Marijuana kiosk – York software company joins team creating a cash-accepting marijuana kiosk for cannabis industry
- Marijuana kiosk – the next self service revolution?
- Cannabis Cash
- ID-verifying marijuana-vending kiosk launched in Colorado …