NRF 2023 – Kiosks, POS, Digital Menus, Order Terminals
The Kiosk Association is again exhibiting at NRF 2023 in New York. Here are some preliminary items.
- Our portal page on NRF
- Jan. 14: Opening Party | Jan. 15-17: Conference & Expo
- Location: Jacob K. Javits Convention Center | New York City
- Kiosk Association highlights
- In the Booth – JAWS kiosk accessibility with Storm in the booth.
- At the Show – see the Samsung Clover Nanonation case study for small business
- Here is video by Samsung with Nanonation
- At the Show – KIOSK aka Posiflex is in #5502 – New flagship POS systems + the new Cachet pedestal kiosk unveiled
- At the Show – Storm Interface and Olea Kiosks
- At the Show – Rachel and Insight Touch for AIO and touchscreens
Curved Displays are Popular – 22Miles
Good example of curved displays. One of Dizzie candidates is the Peerless-AV project in Oklahoma they did with Ford AV.
Self-Order Kiosk ROI for BurgerFi Discussion with Goodhew
From AVIXA and Kiosk Association — Samsung, Oracle and Grubbrr partnership
Digital Signage Wayfinding & Cosmopolitan Hotel and Walmart Proof of Concept
Massive Curved Display Wall — Seamless dvLED Wall
From AVIXA and the kiosk association —
Mobile Kiosk that is AI-Powered
From kioskindustry.org and the kiosk association —
Receptionist Kiosk Case Study
From kioskindustry.org — For more information and to download case study visit
Touchscreens for Retail & POS
Elo (aka Elotouch)
We know touch – it’s our only business.
Wendy’s POS System Panasonic Case Study
From Automated Retail —
Small PC Tablet Kiosks Are Bigger than you might think
Originally published on AVIXA — project briefs include Taco Bell, McDonalds, Panera Bread, CLEAR, Shake Shack, Carnival Cruise Lines
Kiosk Dual Self-Order & Counter Self-Order Kiosk
Android Kiosk Software Supports Samsung Knox
Kiosks for Self-Service Ticketing and more by Olea
- NRF 2023 Floorplan Level 3
- NRF 2023 Floorplan Level 1
- Register Now
- Pass Types
- Retail Expo Pass
- Press Information
- All Speakers
NRF 2022 Recap Video
There are all the sessions, vendor parties, store visits, shows and all kinds of things to do in New York as part of the NRF Show when we all gather in NY again. Having now attended the Big Show for over 30 years, here are my thoughts on the best outside events to network and have fun. Come early, enjoy the networking in a less hectic manner and enjoy the event. Look forward to seeing you at the show or these events.
These are ordered by the day.
Friday January 13th
There are many events that recognize retailers, this one allows retailers to celebrate the retail vendor community. This gala style event does just that and is a great way to catch up with friends you have not seen for a while and celebrate together.
Saturday January 14th
A unique event of business content and networking, all for a greater cause, to help orphans and vulnerable children. Retailers attend free and generate enough sponsorships to provide clean water for 300 people just by being there. 100% of the vendor sponsor proceeds go to help orphans and vulnerable children. This “Tech and Tears” event brings the industry together and has helped over 265,000 children in over 27 countries.
For retailers only, this exclusive event in the internationally acclaimed restaurant will include a power panel of retail executives including Kroger VP of Transformation, Wes Rhodes.
Sunday January 15th
The Retail Insiders Party is retail’s class reunion! It may be difficult to locate friends at the show itself, but it’s easy to find them here! This cocktail event brings together senior technology and transformation. Simply wonderful get together, always a blast.
Monday January 16th
This is the hottest new party of the show this year. Having been honored as a RETHINK Top Influencer in the past, I am really looking forward to celebrating together as RETHINK Retail announces the next wave of influencers at this great event.
Come enjoy your retail colleagues as they jam at this amazing event. Amazing talent and you will come away saying that maybe some of these people should quit their day jobs. An absolute blast and great way to end a long day of networking.
So, there you have it…there are a lot of great vendor parties as well, but after 30 years of shows, these are my 6 favorite events to come together to celebrate, help kids in need, or just have fun around NRF.
- NRF 2022 In Review – It Only Takes One!(Opens in a new browser tab)
- NRF 2018 Retail Kiosk and Self-Service(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Kiosk Tradeshow – NRF 2016 Preview – The Big Show Retail(Opens in a new browser tab)
NRF Return on Investment ROI
Usually, shows are measured in business impact and specifically leads. Our booth at 1606 was at the entrance of the lower level which is the best position on the lower level. There are multiple ROI equations depending on the company and the person. Our point of view is geared towards a kiosk manufacturer or component provider. As far as leads go:
- If we normally received 200 leads in 2020, then in 2022 we received 25
- Booth visitors are made up of A) those who seek you out, B) those who stumble onto you interested and C) those who stumble onto you just going through motions.
- Our leads were A and B class
- Retail customer interest likely represented 10,000 store locations. That’s good.
- Attendee traffic for the entire show was rumored to be a seventh of usual traffic (40,000 is total from 2020)
- The optimistic operative phrase for NRF 2022 is the quintessential “It only takes one”
NRF 2022 Photos
- Here is our saved gallery of photos from NRF 2022
NRF 2022 Videos
Pretty slick produced video by NRF with the dramatic music and the emphasis on together again.
NRF 2022 Show Floor Walkaround Coincloud (Kim Kenney of KIS)