By Jon Delano
“There are 750 Moe’s Southwest Grill locations in the country. We’re going to be the first of what we’re calling all-digital Moe’s,” Mike Geiger told KDKA money editor Jon Delano on Tuesday.
All-digital, meaning you order and pay for your food on an app or at a kiosk, said Geiger, who owns eight Moe’s in this region with his partner.
“With the age of the audience and the desire of less interaction and quicker service of that audience, we want to meet what our customers want,” added Geiger.
“Millennials love the kiosks because they grew up in the technological realm where they’re interacting with phones and with tablets all the time. So this is just a natural progression for them,” said David Anzia, senior vice president at Frank Mayer and Associates, a company that designs and sells kiosks to restaurants.
Anzia said both customers and restaurants like them.
“One of the biggest impacts we’ve seen with self-ordering kiosks, restaurants are seeing an uptick of 25 to 30 percent on the orders that are being placed by the customers.”
According to a survey by the National Restaurant Association, 38 percent of millennials have already ordered food via kiosk versus 18 percent of baby boomers.
Read full article at
More on Frank Mayer
- Bill Payment Kiosks by Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- Court Kiosk – AI Kiosks for Government Check-In Kiosks
- Senior Living Technology – Assisted Living Technology for facilities
- College Campus Kiosks Transform Higher Education
- Market Insight – The Role of Retail Displays During the Pandemic and Beyond
- Facial Recognition Photo Kiosks
- Patient Check In Kiosk – Advantage Series
- Temperature Kiosks Mitigate Spread of COVID-19
- Cannabis Kiosks – 5 Questions with David Anzia
- Grubbrr Self-Order Kiosks
- Five Reasons Restaurant Need Self-Service Kiosks – GRUBBRR
- Temperature Kiosk with Remote Services Frank Mayer & Associates, Inc.
- Hawaii DMV Kiosk Oahu – New DMV Registration kiosks for Hawaii
- Self Service Kiosk FAQ
- Kiosk Benefits, Point-of-Purchase Trends & Merchandise Display