- ADA Standards for Kiosks — Providing access for the disabled is the law not an option. Disabled come in all forms from wheelchair, to hearing to sight to any number of “differences”. These standards apply to digital signage to ATMs to POS checkout to any public access system.
- HIPAA Standards for Privacy & Self-Service — security in healthcare is originating basis but data security extends to all types of public data collection. Violations can result in millions of dollars in fines.
- PCI & EMV Payment Standards — from out of scope to QSA to devices to much more, payment data must be protected. October 2015 is the big Liability Shift and organizations are putting in place their response now.
- Section 508 — often overlooked but this standard ensures that government online cyber mechanisms communicate effectively with users.
- UL Standards — an exposition of UL standards which come into play for self-service (kiosks, ATMs, Checkouts) including UL 2361, UL 291
- Environmental Standards for Outdoor — this includes the various standards that come into play for Outdoor or environmental circumstance. This ranges from NEMA rating to IP standards for ingression protection to vandal resistant touch screens. What is the difference between NEMA 4 and NEMA 4X (besides about $200 in cost).
- 60601-1 — Medical devices/equipment is held to a higher level of safety than almost all other types of equipment on the market. There are several reasons for this: medical equipment may be used on patients who are not able to respond to hazardous conditions or pain, an actual electrical connection between the equipment and patient may exist, and certain types of medical equipment function as life support so their failure could result in the patient’s death. The medical equipment basic safety and essential performance standards were written to take this into account, so their requirements impact your entire design and documentation process. Here is ISO page and here is ISO Medical Devices related page for ISO 13485.