Kiosk Association Apr 2018
Your best resource with over 350 companies involved in self-service kiosk industry. Click for options.
Kiosk History – We take a look at where we came from in the world of software and application development to where we are these days. Cloud services, back then was just another name for aspirational sales managers trying to sell more stuff. ODBC was pretty nifty in its day for that matter.
Now its HTML5 and JSON.
So take a walk down memory lane with us. We rarely do this but at least once is fulfilling our duty for sure.
EMV is our next focus. Whether it is PCI-compliant or Out of Scope or “Not my problem” you need to have a better idea of what people tell you, and why they are telling you that. Our prime sponsor is KioWare.
ADA Committee — our newest member of the committee is Peerless-AV. We’ve added NCR Dundee and ATMIA to the working committee. Documents available to members of the committee include the standard US ADA documents as well as European Standards (EN 301 549) and outline of ATMIA standards.
Kiosk Manufacturer Members and Sponsors
- ZIVELO – interactive kiosks & digital signage
- 22 Miles Digital Signage & Wayfinding
- TTCE for all types of card dispensing technology
- Pyramid Technology – QSR and Self-Order + Location Beacon technology for customers
- Storm Interface – keyboards, input and accessibility
- Peerless AV – large format indoor and outdoor digital signage kiosks
- CSA Self-Service Solutions – digital signage & interactive kiosks turnkey self-service solutions
- Acquire Digital – CMS digital signage software
- Self Service Networks gift cards and shopper loyalty
- Android Kiosk Software – New Release of KioWare for Android
- ADA Kiosk – U.S. Access Board Launches YouTube Channel
- Industry People – Reggie Medford joins Frank Mayer & Associates
- Tokenworks ID Authenticate Product News – User Authentication Drivers License
- Meridian Kiosks Growing – New Project Manager Amanda Jordan
- Ingenico EMV Q&A – EMV adoption in the self-service industry: What’s taking so long?
- Announcing the Wallaby™ POS Stand with Flip Capability
- Drive Thru Kiosk Solutions – Real World
- ADA Kiosk – UX for Disabled Webinar from Paciello Group April 25
- ZIVELO Launches Virtual Banking Expert Kiosks
- Key Changes with the General Data Protection Regulation
- polytouch® and AMC Theatres
- Generation Z and the Impact on Retail
- Self-Order Kiosk Approach Announced by Frank Mayer
- March Sponsor – ZIVELO
Kiosk Definition for the day –
Kiosk – publicly accessible terminal station for information retrieval or transaction. Typically electronic. For contrast there are RMUs which are Remote Merchanding Units. The “kiosk” at the airport selling BOSE headphones e.g. That is a structure, not a terminal or station.
Contact Us for More Information
About Kiosk Industry: The Kiosk Industry Group is operated by CAKCEK & Thinclient, a registered Colorado company located in Eastlake, CO. To contact us send an email to craig at catareno.com
Kiosk Industry is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better self-service for customers and employees through kiosks and information technology (IT). Kiosk Industry Association leads the efforts to optimize self-service engagements and engagement outcomes using information technology such as kiosks as well as implementing standards such as ADA and EMV.
The kioskindustry website promotes the general industry via news and information and we have been doing this since 1995.
Our LinkedIn kiosk industry group is comprised of over 1,400 qualified members from all over the world (we are international). It’s free to join the group on LinkedIn. Keep up with latest on our Twitter and our Facebook. See the latest images and pictures on Pinterest. Visit our free Kiosk Industry list of over 300 companies (and submit your own for free listing).