December 2018 Self-Service Perspective
Whitepaper Voice Recognition – a new proposed framework for voice recognition and speech command
Digital Signage and Red Rocks – very nice case study on recent deployment of digital signage in the entertainment venue of Red Rocks in Colorado
Be sure and review our writeup on our recent meeting with the U.S. Access Board. One of the highlights is voice ordering.
Smart City News – available for download is Smart Cities and Counties data report. This report takes a comprehensive look at nearly 300 different smart solutions being purchased, reflecting over 70,000 purchases in the last three years, with the majority (59%) coming from cities and a sizable 41% originating from counties. Profiled are the various types of purchases involved, who is making them, which governments are out-ranking others, and what trends are leading in this space. Also recent RFP for Columbia, South Carolina.
KMA Website – the website for the Kiosk Manufacturer Association has been launched. Check out the ADA FAQ. https://kma.global
Newest Kiosk Manufacturer Members and Sponsors
- Qwick Media – digital signage software and kiosks
- OTI Global – cashless payment & EMV credit terminals
- Peerless-AV – enclosures for kiosks and digital signage
- Microcom is now a premium member
- CUSTOM Printers – premium member
- TECA – premium member
- Renewing members this cycle include Alveni and Kiosk Innovations
- Biometric Kiosks Come to Car Rental Check-In and Check-Out Using Facial Recognition
- Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc. Member
- White Paper — Quality Matters
- How Retail Kiosks Can Help Retailers Simplify The Busy Holiday Season
- Global Self-Service Kiosk Market Research, Forecast to 2022
- Self-Service Kiosk Cleanliness – Before and After Deployment Considerations
- Kiosk Manufacturer Association Update November 2018 – Self-Service Perspective
- From the UK and McDonalds — Dirty Touchscreens UK McDonalds
- Digital Kiosks: The Perfect Check-In Solution
- TouchPay Member Profile
- Point of Purchase Trends – Recap 2018 Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- Tourism Software – Qwick Media Introduces ‘Shared Data” Interactive Kiosk Software
- Touchscreens – TDS Adds New “38” Line of PCap Touchscreens
- Sports Betting Kiosks: The Future of Sports Betting
- Meridian Partners With Samsung SDS America to Create and Launch Innovative Digital Signage Solution
Kiosk definition for the day –
Kiosk – publicly accessible terminal station for information retrieval or transaction. Typically electronic. For contrast there are RMUs which are Remote Merchanding Units. The “kiosk” at the airport selling BOSE headphones e.g. That is a structure, not a terminal or station.
Contact Us for More Information
About Kiosk Industry: The Kiosk Industry Group is operated by CAKCEK & Thinclient, a registered Colorado company located in Colorado. To contact us send an email to craig at catareno.com
Kiosk Industry is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better self-service for customers and employees through kiosks and information technology (IT). Kiosk Industry Association leads the efforts to optimize self-service engagements and engagement outcomes using information technology such as kiosks as well as implementing standards such as ADA and EMV.
The kioskindustry website promotes the general industry via news and information and we have been doing this since 1995.
Our association site is https://kma.global and that site is purely focused on the Association.
Our LinkedIn kiosk industry group is comprised of over 1,800 qualified members from all over the world (we are international). It’s free to join the group on LinkedIn. Keep up with latest on our Twitter and our Facebook. See the latest images and pictures on Pinterest. Visit our free Kiosk Industry list of over 300 companies (and submit your own for free listing).
Read more in our brochure KMA brochure for NRF