October 2018 KMA
Whitepaper Voice Recognition – a new proposed framework for voice recognition and speech command
Emergency kiosks for Mission-Critical. We see quite a few RFPs for emergency kiosks for city and state.
Digital Signage and Red Rocks – very nice case study on recent deployment of digital signage in the entertainment venue of Red Rocks in Colorado
ADA News – We’re coming up on our annual visit with the US Access Board in Washington, DC. Highlights of this meeting will be new cooperation with other entities (including Europe) and Voice navigation.
EMV is a big focus and recently published update. Whether it is PCI-compliant or Out of Scope or “Not my problem” you need to have a better idea of what people tell you, and why they are telling you that. Our prime sponsor is KioWare.
KMA News – the website for the Kiosk Manufacturer Association has been launched. Check out the ADA FAQ. https://kma.global
Newest Kiosk Manufacturer Members and Sponsors
- Qwick Media – digital signage software and kiosks
- OTI Global – cashless payment & EMV credit terminals
- Peerless-AV – enclosures for kiosks and digital signage
- Microcom is now a premium member
- Kiosk Manufacturer Association News – ADA Committee Chairpersons for KMA Announced
- The Future of Kiosks
- How Automotive Kiosks Are Changing the Car Buying Experience
- Bluestar and Zivelo Announce Distribution Partnership
- Whitepaper – Voice Recognition & Speech Command Assistive Interface
- Case Study – Red Rocks in Colorado Digital Signage Solution
- Whitepaper – Emergency Kiosk – Wayfinding Kiosks & Public Safety
- Restaurant News – Global Payments Acquires SICOM
- Self-Service Kiosk Cleanliness – Considerations Before and After Deployment
- Perspective – E-Commerce’s Brick-and-Mortar Revolution
- Whitepaper – Debunking Common Myths About Digital Kiosks & Signage
- Kiosk Security – Tokenworks Selects Acuant to Combat Influx of Fake IDs
- Self-Order – Approach Video Showing How Unique Needs Met
- Touchscreen News – US TDS Touch Introduces Fanless PCAP Touchscreen
- Automation Comes To McDonald’s – NPR
Kiosk definition for the day –
Kiosk – publicly accessible terminal station for information retrieval or transaction. Typically electronic. For contrast there are RMUs which are Remote Merchanding Units. The “kiosk” at the airport selling BOSE headphones e.g. That is a structure, not a terminal or station.
Contact Us for More Information
About Kiosk Industry: The Kiosk Industry Group is operated by CAKCEK & Thinclient, a registered Colorado company located in Eastlake, CO. To contact us send an email to craig at catareno.com
Kiosk Industry is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better self-service for customers and employees through kiosks and information technology (IT). Kiosk Industry Association leads the efforts to optimize self-service engagements and engagement outcomes using information technology such as kiosks as well as implementing standards such as ADA and EMV.
The kioskindustry website promotes the general industry via news and information and we have been doing this since 1995.
Our LinkedIn kiosk industry group is comprised of over 1,400 qualified members from all over the world (we are international). It’s free to join the group on LinkedIn. Keep up with latest on our Twitter and our Facebook. See the latest images and pictures on Pinterest. Visit our free Kiosk Industry list of over 300 companies (and submit your own for free listing).