November 2018 KMA
Whitepaper Voice Recognition – a new proposed framework for voice recognition and speech command
Emergency kiosks for Mission-Critical. We see quite a few RFPs for emergency kiosks for city and state.
Digital Signage and Red Rocks – very nice case study on recent deployment of digital signage in the entertainment venue of Red Rocks in Colorado
Be sure and review our writeup on our recent meeting with the U.S. Access Board. One of the highlights is voice ordering.
EMV Kiosk News
EMV is a big focus and recently published update. Whether it is PCI-compliant or Out of Scope or “Not my problem” you need to have a better idea of what people tell you, and why they are telling you that. Our prime sponsor is KioWare.
KMA Website – the website for the Kiosk Manufacturer Association has been launched. Check out the ADA FAQ. https://kma.global
Newest Kiosk Manufacturer Members and Sponsors
- Qwick Media – digital signage software and kiosks
- OTI Global – cashless payment & EMV credit terminals
- Peerless-AV – enclosures for kiosks and digital signage
- Microcom is now a premium member
- CUSTOM Printers – premium member
- TECA – premium member
- Renewing members this cycle include Alveni and Kiosk Innovations
- NRF 2019 – National Retail Federation BigShow in NY
- Whitepaper – Determining ROI for Merchandising Displays and Interactive Kiosks
- Kiosk Manufacturer – Meridian Announces New Manufacturing Leadership
- Digital Signage – Peerless-AV® Adds to Universal Projector Mount Line with new Heavy Duty Models
- Peerless-AV® Launches New Diamond Level of the Certified Installer Training Program
- U.S. Access Board 2018 Meeting KMA ADA Board
- Kroger Launches Voice Assistant Ordering for Grocery Ecommerce
- Attracting Attention: 8 Ways to Increase Kiosk Usage
- 5 Key Learnings from Panera’s Digital Transformation Blaine Hurst
- Kiosk Manufacturer – Meridian Kiosks Announces Launch of Newly Redesigned Website
- EMV Kiosk – On Track Innovations Receives Interac Certification for Canadian Market
- Digital Signage – 5 Ways Digital Signage is Changing the Advertising Game
- Online Retailers Moving To Physical Stores – Bloomberg podcast
- Kiosk Software New Release – Android 3.17 by KioWare
- Blind Marylanders sue Walmart, saying self-serve checkouts violate ADA – Baltimore Sun
Kiosk definition for the day –
Kiosk – publicly accessible terminal station for information retrieval or transaction. Typically electronic. For contrast there are RMUs which are Remote Merchanding Units. The “kiosk” at the airport selling BOSE headphones e.g. That is a structure, not a terminal or station.
Contact Us for More Information
About Kiosk Industry: The Kiosk Industry Group is operated by CAKCEK & Thinclient, a registered Colorado company located in Colorado. To contact us send an email to craig at catareno.com
Kiosk Industry is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better self-service for customers and employees through kiosks and information technology (IT). Kiosk Industry Association leads the efforts to optimize self-service engagements and engagement outcomes using information technology such as kiosks as well as implementing standards such as ADA and EMV.
The kioskindustry website promotes the general industry via news and information and we have been doing this since 1995.
Our association site is https://kma.global and that site is purely focused on the Association.
Our LinkedIn kiosk industry group is comprised of over 1,400 qualified members from all over the world (we are international). It’s free to join the group on LinkedIn. Keep up with latest on our Twitter and our Facebook. See the latest images and pictures on Pinterest. Visit our free Kiosk Industry list of over 300 companies (and submit your own for free listing).