Kiosk Manufacturer Feb 2018
Your best resource with over 350 companies involved in self-service kiosk industry. Click for options.
Kiosk History – We take a look at where we came from in the world of software and application development to where we are these days. Cloud services, back then was just another name for aspirational sales managers trying to sell more stuff. ODBC was pretty nifty in its day for that matter.
Now its HTML5 and JSON.
So take a walk down memory lane with us. We rarely do this but at least once is fulfilling our duty for sure.
And then EMV is our next focus. Whether it is PCI-compliant or Out of Scope or “Not my problem” you need to have a better idea of what people tell you, and why they are telling you that. Our prime sponsor is KioWare.
ADA Committee — our newest member is Peerless-AV. We’ve added NCR Dundee and ATMIA to the working committee. Documents available to members of the committee include the standard US ADA documents as well as European Standards (EN 301 549) and outline of ATMIA standards.
New Members and Sponsors
- Pyramid Technology – QSR and Self-Order + Location Beacon technology for customers
- Storm Interface – keyboards, input and accessibility
- Peerless AV – large format indoor and outdoor digital signage kiosks
- CSA Self-Service Solutions – digital signage & interactive kiosks turnkey self-service solutions
- Acquire Digital – CMS digital signage software
- Self Service Networks gift cards and shopper loyalty
- SlabbKiosks expands its production capabilities
- Kiosk Financing – How Does 2018 Tax Reform Affect Kiosks
- The Evolution of Kiosk Software
- Peerless-AV Joins the Self-Service Kiosk Association’s Board of Directors
- Ultra-Slim Kiosk Printer Solutions
- Frank Mayer March 2018 Blog – Virtual Reality and Other Tools
- Microcomp Corporation Wide Thermal Kiosk Printer 814 Comes with Ethernet
- Asia Vending Show CVS and the Official Satellite Show of EuroShop Debut ‘World of Retail’ Exhibition
- DMV Kiosk Payment – Renew your plates away from home
- USAT Announces Availability of Newly Acquired Seed Micro Market Software
- Panasonic Pyramid Computer interactive touchscreen kiosks to strengthen omni-channel retail solutions
- ADA – U.S. Access Board Webinar: Open Question and Answer Session (March 1)
- Elo – The 2018 Retail Landscape Will Be Driven by Digital Experiences
- Self-Service Kiosk Association Board of Directors 2018
- Samsung Connected Pop-Up Kiosk
Kiosk Definition for the day –
Kiosk – publicly accessible terminal station for information retrieval or transaction. Typically electronic. For contrast there are RMUs which are Remote Merchanding Units. The “kiosk” at the airport selling BOSE headphones e.g. That is a structure, not a terminal or station.
Contact Us for More Information
About Kiosk Industry: The Kiosk Industry Group is operated by CAKCEK & Thinclient, a registered Colorado company located in Eastlake, CO. To contact us send an email to craig at catareno.com
Kiosk Industry is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better self-service for customers and employees through kiosks and information technology (IT). Kiosk Industry Association leads the efforts to optimize self-service engagements and engagement outcomes using information technology such as kiosks as well as implementing standards such as ADA and EMV.
The kioskindustry website promotes the general industry via news and information and we have been doing this since 1995.
Our LinkedIn kiosk industry group is comprised of over 1,400 qualified members from all over the world (we are international). It’s free to join the group on LinkedIn. Keep up with latest on our Twitter and our Facebook. See the latest images and pictures on Pinterest. Visit our free Kiosk Industry list of over 300 companies (and submit your own for free listing).