Kiosk Enclosures – Custom and Standard
Learn about kiosk enclosures such as standup pedestal, countertop (or desktop) and wall-mount. Also thru-wall. Custom kiosk enclosures as well.
The kiosk enclosure is the heart of your self-service kiosk. It houses and provides a base for any and all functions. Self-service kiosk enclosures come in two main forms:
- Informational – typically a wayfinding kiosk
- Transactional – typically a bill payment kiosk
Kiosk Enclosure Manufacturers
- Olea Kiosks – custom kiosks and standard kiosks for all applications and verticals.
- Pyramid -custom self-service solutions for QSR and more
- ZIVELO – self-service kiosks and digital signage
- KIOSK Information Systems –custom kiosks, standard kiosks, full software development, remote monitoring and managed services.
- Frank Mayer & Associates, Inc. – custom and standard kiosks for retail and more
- Turnkey Kiosks – specializing in turnkey systems of all types.
- Qwick Media Inc. – self-service kiosks and digital signage
- LG-MRI – BoldVu® displays are built not simply to survive, but to thrive in outdoor environments.
- Peerless AV – large format indoor and outdoor digital signage kiosks
- Parabit Systems – Visitor Management, Self-Service Kiosks, Interactive Digital Signage HW & SW & Remote Monitoring Services
- iPadKiosks – complete line of tablet enclosures & stands
More Kiosk Providers
Kiosk Heating and Cooling
- TECA – kiosk cooling thermoelectric air conditioners
- STEGO USA — STEGO offers Thermal Management solutions to protect sensitive parts in enclosures and other installations from corrosion and malfunctions. Made in Germany.
About the Kiosk Enclosure
- table top, wall-mount, standup pedestals, thru-walls, portables, outdoors and even POP-style mall kiosks
- You have custom kiosk and standard kiosk designs. 90% of the time it is a standard or a modified standard.
- Custom design kiosks require NRE and design. “Owning the design” becomes another issue.
- Kiosk enclosure design and manufacturers are all over the world. Most countries tend to use enclosures designed in that country.
- Generally the best looking designs have often come from Europe where contours are generously used. In America better servicing with nice looks tends to be base denominator. The most extensive cataloguing of designs has unfortunately been the Chinese to date.
Kiosk Enclosures Typical Features
- Enclosures are generally 16 gauge steel though mix of materials such as formed plastic and wood trim are available
- High run terminals like UK Job Centre kiosks where 12,000 were done are injection molded. The number of units counteracts the cost of the initial tooling.
- Rear-servicing or front servicing
- ADA and tip guidelines apply
- Knockout panels for adding component later are rarely used . Just makes for a more flexible standard offering for manufacturers to work from.
- Internally kiosk metal can be unfinished or deburred. After cutting my fingers x amount of times over and over, when I set a deburred internal I always heave a sigh of relief now.
- Enclosures last longer than the components inside them.
- Kiosk designs are often a family of design so you can incorporate design elements into whichever form factor is being done whether a fully loaded unit or a “lite” unit for example.