Best Kiosk Software for Self-Service
Here are self-service kiosk software application companies to consider in the software space for kiosks, self-service, remote monitoring and digital signage. For the most part, most of the solutions are Windows kiosks but Android is a very large contingent now. Note too that many of the Hardware Only companies often resell, recommend and provide the applications. And most of the software companies can recommend hardware as well as provide that as a complete solution.
Which one is best for you depends on your particular situation. If you are looking for strictly an Android control agent aka lockdown, then Sitekiosk/KioWare/Esper are the obvious purpose-built solutions. They also provide support for peripheral devices which in-house web developers usually shake their head at when asked to support.
Digital signage, CMS and custom-built UI and applications screens? Then Nanonation, 22Miles, AcquireDigital and Intuiface should be on your interview list.
As far as DIY inhouse goes — that can be successful though lower probability. It helps to look at how established software which has been battle-tested is designed. You can do Assigned Access in Windows for example, but you will be unlikely to deal with 99% of the exploits like Sitekiosk, KioWare and Esper do. They do it for a living and have for many years.
When in doubt copying and emulating a good example isn’t such a bad idea either…
For more information email [email protected] and we can help advise.
Kiosk Software Only
- KioWare – kiosk lockdown & secure browser with monitoring – lockdown browser kiosk mode
- Nanonation – custom software & digital signage
- 22 Miles – Digital Signage and Wayfinding
- Acquire Digital – advanced digital signage and wayfinding
- Esper.io – android cloud client computing – lockdown browser kiosk mode
- Vispero – Jaws screenreader software for Windows accessibility
- IDmission – cloud-based instant ID via selfie photo
- Sitekiosk – secure browser w/ remote monitoring – lockdown browser kiosk mode
- Intuiface – For Next Generation interactive experience creation
- DynaTouch – TIPS software — software for presenting and managing web-enabled content and applications
- Self-Service Networks – Gift Card and Cash2Card
- KIOSK – primarily kiosk enclosures but a large custom software department in-house for complete solutions
Android and Windows “Kiosk Mode” Lockdown
- Kiosk Mode Software Providers
- Android Kiosk Mode – Esper Android Lifecycle Management
- Android Kiosk Mode Lockdown Browser
- kiosk in Android Lollipop, guided mode in android | Object Partners
- Windows 10 Kiosk Mode & JAWS Software
- Kiosk Remote Management with Sitekiosk
- Kiosk Browsers – NFC (Near Field Communications) by default in Chrome Engine Now
- What is Kiosk Mode How To – Microsoft Windows Common Problems
- KioWare Kiosk OS Software Releases New Kiosk Software Chrome OS
- Kiosk Software New Release – Android 3.17 by KioWare
- Android Kiosk Software Supports ADA Assistive Technology
- Android Kiosk Software – New Release of KioWare for Android
- Kiosk Software New Release KioWare® for Android & KioWare Classic for Windows
- KioWare for Android Kiosks now supports KioCall!
- Asus Tinker Android Kiosk DIY mini PC KioWare OS & ASUS Team Up
- Touchless KioTouch NoTouch Quick Demo Video
- Android Kiosk Payment Solutions For ISVs
- Why Use Lockdown for User Interface?
Leading Companies for Android Kiosk Mode Lockdown Browsers
Linux Kiosk Software Solutions
- These get a bit more esoteric in nature but are growing rapidly. As far as lockdown goes we believe you can sign up for beta program with KioWare
Self-Service Kiosk Software
It is a large category. When you say that phrase, there are many possibilities. Generally, it will be the application or it will be a lockdown and utilities. The content utilized is typically specific to the kiosk terminal and can run without internet access. It does not utilize a website as websites are generally a poor interface for users at a kiosk self-service terminal. There are utilities for converting and utilizing a website but rendering it in a different format which is friendlier. That would be someone like Duda for a transformation portal so to speak. Tablets are generally running iterations of websites.
- Lockdown and secure shell control
- Application framework
- Digital signage software with Content management
- kiosk mode
- Assigned access
- Custom Software development
- Remote monitoring for kiosks
- Remote Access [LogMeIn, TeamViewer, others]
- Digital Signage CMS components
- Windows [XP Pro, Win7, Win8, WES, POSReady]
- Android [Generally 4.xxx]
- Linux – main support for Ubuntu
- Platforms such as desktop PCs – [Dell Optiplex, HP Elite]
- Platforms: tablets
- Platforms: thin clients
- Platforms: embedded systems
- Hosting Apps
- Using your existing website
- Interacting with Mobile
- Financial & Bill Pay:
- Retail Loyalty
- Customer Flow
- Marketing & Informational
- Several kiosk manufacturers who historically have been manufacturers of hardware also now support in-house application development. A successful kiosk deployment usually comes down to good hardware, good application and good service. All of the secure browsing lockdown products such as KioWare, Sitekiosk.
- Queue Kiosk – Kiosk Software Update DynaTouch
- Kiosk Software – Sitekiosk – Digital Signage CMS Made Easy
- Best Kiosk Software – Intuiface Next Generation interactive experience creation
- KioWare for Windows Version 8.24 with KioTouch
- Kiosk Mode Software – Renewing Sponsor Sitekiosk
- Windows Kiosk Software Customer Requests
- Kiosk Software for Windows New SiteKiosk 9.1 –
- Chrome Kiosk Software – KioWare Kiosk OS Software Releases Chrome OS
- Meridian Celebrates Decade of Kiosk Software Development
- Android Kiosk Software – New Release of KioWare for Android
- The Evolution of Kiosk Software
- Kiosk Software – Android & KioWare Classic Windows
- Kiosk Software – KioWare for Windows Release 8.12 New Devices
- Nanonation promotes two – Kiosk Software News
- Kiosk Software – KioCall video conference software
You can sense the older definition in this if only via the initial reference to Internet Kiosk. That is an almost obsolete term. It once was relevant.
Kiosk software is the system and user interface software designed for an interactive kiosk or Internet kiosk enclosing the system in a way that prevents user interaction and activities on the device outside the scope of execution of the software. This way, the system replaces the look and feel of the system it runs over, allowing for customization and limited offering of ad-hoc services. Locking down the application in order to protect the kiosk from users which is especially relevant under, but not only limited to, scenarios where the device is publicly accessed such libraries, vending machines or public transport. Remote monitoring to manage multiple kiosks from another location. Email or text alerts may be automatically sent from the kiosk for daily activity reports or generated in response to problems detected by the software. Other features allow for remote updates of the kiosk’s content and the ability to upload data such as kiosk usage statistics. Software is used to manage a touchscreen, allowing users to touch the monitor screen to make selections. A virtual keyboard eliminates the need for a computer keyboard.