Last Updated on
Kiosk Application Software
Here are kiosk software application companies to consider in the software space for kiosks, self-service, remote monitoring and digital signage. Note too that many of the Hardware Only companies often resell, recommend and provide the applications. And most of the software companies can recommend hardware as well provide that as a complete solution.
Kiosk Software Only
- KioWare – kiosk lockdown & secure browser with monitoring
- Nanonation – custom software & digital signage
- Vispero – Jaws software for Windows accessibility
- 22 Miles – Digital Signage and Wayfinding
- Acquire Digital – advanced digital signage and wayfinding
- Qwick Media Inc. – One-stop self-service kiosk and digital signage solutions
- PROVISIO – secure browser w/ remote monitoring
- Self-Service Networks – Gift Card and Cash2Card
- Esper — full-stack Android solution for the kiosk industry. Esper locks down the kiosks to the hardware layer for significant operational efficiency and performance.
Software + Hardware
- Olea Kiosks – primarily hardware but many partners available.
- KIOSK Information Systems – Hardware, full software development, remote monitoring
- DynaTouch – complete solutions, specializing in government self-service since 1988
- Qwick Media Inc. – Touchscreen and digital signage software and hardware manufacturer.
- Software is a large category. When you say that phrase, there are many possibilities. Generally, it will be the application or it will be a lockdown and utilities. The content utilized is typically specific to the kiosk terminal and can run without internet access. It does not utilize a website as websites are generally a poor interface for users at a kiosk self-service terminal. There are utilities for converting and utilizing a website but rendering it in a different format which is friendlier. That would be someone like Duda for a transformation portal so to speak. Tablets are generally running iterations of websites.
- Lockdown and secure shell control
- Application framework
- Digital signage software with Content management
- kiosk mode
- Assigned access
- Custom Software development
- Remote monitoring for kiosks
- Remote Access [LogMeIn, TeamViewer, others]
- Digital Signage CMS components
- Windows [XP Pro, Win7, Win8, WES, POSReady]
- Android [Generally 4.xxx]
- Linux – main support for Ubuntu
- Platforms such as desktop PCs – [Dell Optiplex, HP Elite]
- Platforms: tablets
- Platforms: thin clients
- Platforms: embedded systems
- Hosting Apps
- Using your existing website
- Interacting with Mobile
Kiosk Application verticals include:
- Financial & Bill Pay:
- Retail Loyalty
- Customer Flow
- Marketing & Informational
- Several kiosk manufacturers who historically have been manufacturers of hardware also now support in-house application development. A successful kiosk deployment usually comes down to good hardware, good application and good service. All of the secure browsing lockdown products such as KioWare, Sitekiosk.
- KioWare for Windows Version 8.24 with KioTouch
- Renewing Sponsor – PROVISIO Sitekiosk Software
- Windows Kiosk Software Customer Requests
- New SiteKiosk 9.1 – Kiosk Software for Windows
- KioWare Kiosk Software Releases New Kiosk Software Solution for Chrome OS, KioWare for Chrome OS
- Tourism Software – Qwick Media Introduces ‘Shared Data” Interactive Kiosk Software
- Kiosk Manufacturer – Meridian Celebrates Decade of Kiosk Software Development
- Android Kiosk Software – New Release of KioWare for Android
- Kiosk Software New Release KioWare® for Android & KioWare Classic for Windows
- Kiosk Software – KioWare for Windows Release 8.12 New Devices
- Nanonation promotes two
- KioCall Announced – new video conference kiosk software
- KIOSK Information Systems Announces Licensed Bill Pay Software Product | Business Wire
- Kiosk Manufacturer and Software Developer Announces Interactive Building Directory Solution
- Kiosk Software – Dynatouch Releases TIPs Kiosk Management Software
You can sense the older definition in this if only via the initial reference to Internet Kiosk. That is an almost obsolete term. It once was relevant.
Kiosk software is the system and user interface software designed for an interactive kiosk or Internet kiosk enclosing the system in a way that prevents user interaction and activities on the device outside the scope of execution of the software. This way, the system replaces the look and feel of the system it runs over, allowing for customization and limited offering of ad-hoc services. Locking down the application in order to protect the kiosk from users which is especially relevant under, but not only limited to, scenarios where the device is publicly accessed such libraries, vending machines or public transport. Remote monitoring to manage multiple kiosks from another location. Email or text alerts may be automatically sent from the kiosk for daily activity reports or generated in response to problems detected by the software. Other features allow for remote updates of the kiosk’s content and the ability to upload data such as kiosk usage statistics. Software is used to manage a touchscreen, allowing users to touch the monitor screen to make selections. A virtual keyboard eliminates the need for a computer keyboard.