Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Self-Service Kiosk Market Research Report To Be Formally Released in Feb 2021 – Sign Up
- Touch Screen Monitor – Interactive Touch Tablet 55″ to 98″
- Immersive Technology – Kiosk Association and NRF 2021 Chapter One
- In-Store Kiosk 2021 Predictions – Retail and Point-of-Purchase (POP) Merchandising Displays
- Mobile Master Card Issuance Drive-Up – Outdoor Kiosks on Wheels
- Market Insight – The Role of Retail Displays During the Pandemic and Beyond
- Digital Signage News – 22Miles and CISCO – Solutions for Global Market
- NRF 2021 Kiosk Chapter One – Kiosk Tradeshow January
- Visitor Check-In News – iLobby Raises $100 Million in a round of funding
- KIOSK Information Systems – newest Gold Sponsor for the Kiosk Association
- Boots Adds Recycling of Products via Bar Codes, Mobile and DropOff Kiosks
- Infrared Fever Detectors Not As Accurate As We Think
- ID Scanner Kiosk Update – Fixed, Mobile and Contactless Scanning Drivers License Age Verification
- PCI Compliance for Unattended Self-Service Kiosks Announcements
- Kiosk Mode Windows 10 Troubleshooting Common Problems