Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Uniguest – Kiosk Security – Widely Used Kiosks Compromised by Hardcoded Credentials
- Wayfinding Digital Signage – Inpixon Acquires Indoor Mapping Leader Jibestream
- Renewing Sponsor – PROVISIO Sitekiosk Software
- Where is EMV for Kiosks in 2019? An EMV Update
- Peerless AV Win AV Award
- CLEAR Makes Cincinnati Its 30th Airport Location
- Coca-Cola Digital Marketplace Launching for North America
- Bank Transformation Kiosk – DBSI and Capitol CU Launch the NEXT® Big Thing in Banking
- Review Home Depot Self-Checkout Kiosks Francie Mendelsohn
- Airport Passport Kiosks – YVR border kiosks in Iceland
- Taco Bell Kiosk – Taco Bell president on kiosk: ‘It’s super fun’
- Asian Grill Opens New Location with Self Order Kiosks
- How To Build an Outdoor Kiosk
- Frost & Sullivan Recognizes Olea Kiosks – Outdoor Kiosk Design
- McDonald’s & Sonic Optimizing with Self Order AI Technology