Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Announcing the newest addition to Vispero: JAWS Kiosk
- Amazon Cash Western Union Relationship Launched
- Child Support Technology – Procurement Landscape 2019
- Smart Cities Analysis Growing Faster than IT Officials Can Secure
- Certified EMV Cloud Kernel – Payment Kiosk
- Gold Sponsor – Vispero – ADA Accessibility Software Consultant
- Smart City Update & Digital Signage
- UBER Kiosks at Pearson International
- Gold Sponsor News – Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- CTS to Debut Automatic Kiosk at Epic’s Users Group Meeting
- Charging EV Stations – Peerless-AV and Volta Bring Next Level Electric Vehicle Charging Stations to the Market
- Outdoor Kiosk News – New UL/CSA Certification for Indoor/Outdoor Kiosk Cooling
- Alexa Self-Order Voice Command Voice Response QSR w/ Customer & Employee. Beacon tech
- Unlock ATMs in Minutes – ATM Security and Kaba Lock Security
- In the Wild – Simon Outlet Mall Digital Signage Wayfinding Outdoor Kiosk