Last Updated on
Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Antibacterial Kiosk Touchscreen Wipes Coatings
- Bill Payment Kiosks Outdoor – Case Study Cooling
- NRF COVID Resources – Industry Partner Resource Headquarters
- Touchless kiosks developed by Kiosk Innovations
- Kiosk Future Trends – Vending Kiosk Opportunities
- PSA Public Service Announcement – Sanitizer Kiosks
- Temperature Check Kiosks
- Italian Place Raises Revenue Using Portable Kiosks
- Temperature Kiosk with Remote Services Frank Mayer & Associates, Inc.
- Temperature Sensing Digital Signage Platform by Mimo Monitors
- KMA Welcomes Goldfinger Monitors – Touch Screen Monitors
- Contactless kiosk – temperature screening kiosks – Pyramid
- Temperature Check – 22MILES Thermal Sensing FAQ
- Tech Brief – Temperature Elevated & Body Temperature EBT
- Antibacterial Kiosks – CDC on Contaminated Surfaces
- Sanitizer Kiosk