Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- JD Sports Digital Signage and Kiosk Video
- Kiosk Pictures From The News
- EV Charging ADA Considerations – a Kiosk Perspective
- McDonald’s Kiosk News – Delivering More Accessible With Storm
- Kiosk News from the Industry Group and the Kiosk Manufacturer Association (KMA)
- How Patient Sign-in Kiosks Can Combat COVID-19
- Kiosks Offer Contactless Patient Workflows
- Tablet Kiosk News – Self Service Kiosks 101 – Everything You Need To Know
- Hospitality Kiosks – Touchless Contactless Kiosk for Hotel Pantries and Gift Shops
- Thermal Printer Kiosk News – How To Avoid Chargebacks and Dispute
- Kiosk Accessibility – McDonalds Kiosk Article on Wall Street Journal
- Hy-Vee Technology For Retail – Kiosks, Shelf Tags, Digital Signs
- Kiosk ADA — Quest Diagnostic Check-In Kiosks Under DOJ Scrutiny
- Cash Payment Kiosks On the Rise – CityBase, DivDat, US Payments, Adcomp
- Inclusive Kiosks – McDonalds Kiosks Incorporating Vispero