is the fastest growing kiosk and tablet self-service segment of the kiosk industry right now.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
- O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
- Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
- CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
- Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Interactive Wayfinding Kiosks to Army’s largest medical institution
- The Magazine for EV Charging Terminals and Technology
- McDonalds Kiosk – Great Falls Montana Video
- Android Kiosk Software – New Release of KioWare for Android
- ADA Kiosk – U.S. Access Board Launches YouTube Channel
- Industry People – Reggie Medford joins Frank Mayer & Associates
- Tokenworks ID Authenticate Product News – User Authentication Drivers License
- Meridian Kiosks Growing – New Project Manager Amanda Jordan
- Ingenico EMV Q&A – EMV adoption in the self-service industry: What’s taking so long?
- High-tech light therapy kiosk aims to combat Vitamin D deficiency, launches with clinical trials –
- SITA provides 100 automated kiosks to three airports in Mexico
- Coinstar and doxo Announce Partnership to Simplify Paying Bills with Cash
- Announcing the Wallaby™ POS Stand with Flip Capability
- Kiosks Enhance C-Store Kiosk Offerings
- City Market betting on new Scan, Bag, Go system to save customers time | SkyHiNews.com