Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Kiosk Tradeshow NRF 2020 Wrap
- Kiosk Manufacturers – Pyramid goes for North American Market
- NRF2020 Preview – National Retail Federation
- Pyramid self-service kiosks – the perfect fit for retailers – Booth # 5860 NRF2020
- Gift card litigation
- Kiosk Manufacturer Association (KMA) at NRF 2020 Showing Accessible Kiosks
- Elotouch Announces Compute Engine
- Retail Kiosk News – Frank Mayer Launches New Website
- Ultra-low-power digital display solutions – Visionect
- Kiosk Interactivity Redefined – Kiosk Voice Recognition and Voice Command
- JAWS Kiosk
- Mastercard Zivelo Voice Ordering with AI
- Which Platform OS to use for Kiosk Deployment?
- Mass Notification System (MNS) & Emergency Alert Systems
- Kiosk Manufacturer Association (KMA) Announces Research Panel, MCR and NRF