Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Digital Signage Tradeshow – KMA Sponsors and Exhibits at DSE 2022
- Scotland Adds Kiosks At Railway Stations
- Amazon Redefining Apparel Bricks-&-Mortar Touch Friendly Amazon Style
- Guides Predictions – Future of Work 2022
- Video Wall dvLED Case Study by Peerless-AV
- NRF 2022 In Review – It Only Takes One!
- The Virtual Assistant Search Continues – Conversational AI in Grocery
- PopID Facial Payment – Seven Questions for Yale Goldberg
- Press Release – Pre NRF by Kiosk Industry
- NRF VIP Award Candidate Make-A-Wish & Nanonation
- Kiosk Market Research 2022 – Actual Numbers & Benefits for Self-Service v7
- Self-Checkout Kiosks by FEC
- ADA Kiosk Quest Diagnostics Update + Walmart Blind Access
- Sustainable Self-Service – Eco-Friendly Kiosks – Zero Carbon Footprint
- Olea Kiosks Names Director of Sales