Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- McDonalds Isotropic Drive-Thru
- Updated Fever Tablet Temperature Screening Relabelers & Sensors
- Temperature Screening PSA – Six Flags Using Dahua For Outdoor Temperature Screening
- Press Release — Kiosk Association Sponsors MUFSO Session
- Creating Opportunities Beyond Touchless – KioWare
- PSA – Deceptive Meridian Temperature Tablets Endanger Public Safety
- Kiosk Association Sponsors MUFSO Paul Brown, Inspire Brands Innovation Session
- QSR tech pioneer inspires innovation
- FDA Recommended Thermal Imaging “Fever Detection”
- Contactless Payment Using Facial Recognition Self-Order Kiosks Case Study – Daddy’s Chicken Shack QSR Restaurant
- Self-Service Kiosks in Retail
- Peerless-AV Receives Environmental Management System Certification
- New Sponsor – Burroughs
- Intel Solutions Marketplace Kiosk Solutions
- New Sponsor – OTI EMV Credit Card Readers