Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Touchscreen FAQ – Are All Touchscreens Created Equal?
- Credit Cards – PCI P2PE Validation – UCP
- NFC Kiosks – Identiv Increases Focus on Kiosks, Joins KMA
- Sports Betting Kiosks – The easiest way to bet
- MultiFunction Mobile Kiosk Trailer
- An Accessible Kiosk
- Smart City RFP Digital Signage
- Sports Betting Kiosks: The Future of Sports Wagering
- Kiosk Company – Evoke Creative
- Facial Recognition Kiosks Come To Vancouver International Airport CBP
- Touchscreen Surface Treatments
- Cashierless DeepMagic Acquired – Retail Kiosk News
- Sports Betting Kiosks – G2E Writeup by Elliott Maras
- Global Entry Kiosks Biometrics Change
- Radius Networks and Evoke Partner to Provide In-Store and Curbside