Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Appetize POS Boosts Consumer Spend, Driving Demand for Self-Serve Kiosk
- Sports Betting Kiosks: The Future of Sports Betting
- Global Interactive Kiosk Market Report, Forecast to 2022
- News from the U.S. Access Board – March/ April 2019
- NRF Forrester “State of Retail 2019” report
- Walmart IRL Lab Showcases AI and Inventory Management
- PSA – GLI Betting Kiosks GL33 Public Comment – Event Wagering Systems
- Cashless Restaurants – Sweetgreen Will Start Taking Cash
- McDonalds Mobile Hack – Canadien Uses McDonalds Mobile App To Run Up Bills
- Mass Notification System (MNS) & Emergency Alert Systems
- 42 LinkNYC Kiosks Vandalized by Brick Thrower
- Kiosk Strategy – Minimum Value Product or MVP Kiosk Project
- PYMNTS.COM – Kiosks Going International
- ADA Accessibility and Self-Service For All
- Cashless Stores Backlash – AP News