Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- 6 Tips for Boosting Customer Engagement and Kiosks
- Press Release – KMA Self-Service Kiosk Trade Shows March April 2019
- Qwickmedia Deploying Smart Lockers
- Automation Self-Service – The Robots Are Coming — AI self-order and recycling replacing humans
- AI Drive-Thru Kiosk – Good Times Using AI For Order Taking
- Ways Kiosks Are Used, Real-Estate Kiosks, Digital Signage Software
- DSE 2019 Digital Signage Show
- Smart City Whitepaper & Connected Cities – LG MRI
- Self-Service Kiosks Meeting Customer Service Needs – Frank Mayer Expands Line
- Peerless-AV Contracted By Minor League Baseball as Display Partner
- All-In-One Kiosk Powered by BrightSign – Peerless-AV
- AudioEye – New Sponsor specializing in Accessibility
- Lexmark – New Sponsor for KMA
- New Sponsor – Tech For All Accessibility & UI
- Bill Pay Kiosks & Unbanked Underbanked