Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Kiosk Card Printers – Evolis Announces News Complete Range of Card Printers for Kiosks
- Digital Directory Kiosks Deployed at Hartsfield-Jackson
- Restaurant Kiosks – CREATE Trade Show October Nations Restaurant News
- Marriott Check-In Kiosks – Accessibility Functions Included by Storm
- Large Format LCDs, Menu Boards and More
- Add Samsung to the Kiosk Supplier Field — Calls it an All-In-One Kiosk for Contactless Ordering
- FastPass+ Kiosks and Disney
- Self-Service Avatar Kiosks for Government Facilities
- Food Kiosk – Chicken Shack Deploys Order Kiosks
- Krypto Bitcoin ATM Kiosk by Kiosk Information Systems at ATMIA this week
- New Sponsor – Dolphin Computer Access SuperNova Kiosk Accessibility
- Press Release – Kiosk Association Exhibiting at Major Retail and Restaurant Events: NRF Retail Converge and NRN CREATE
- Kiosk Tradeshow Update – NRF Retail Converge and NRN CREATE
- New Digital Signage Solution with the Universal Landscape/Portrait Kiosk
- Legal News — McDonalds Sued for Improper Use of Biometric Data in Drive-Thru