Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Whitepaper – Debunking Common Myths About Digital Kiosks & Signage
- Kiosk Security – Tokenworks Selects Acuant to Combat Influx of Fake IDs
- Self-Order – Approach Video Showing How Unique Needs Met
- Touchscreen News – US TDS Touch Introduces Fanless PCAP Touchscreen
- Automation Comes To McDonald’s – NPR
- HMSHost rolls out kiosk ordering with QikServe kiosk
- Whitepaper – OTI Brings Cashless Payment Solutions to Worldwide Merchants
- AI for Crime Prevention and Detection – 5 Current Applications
- Resource – Sunlight Readable High Bright Displays & panelbrite
- Shoppers Order Fresh Veg Off Kiosk
- Emergency Kiosks
- Microcomp Corporation Wide Thermal Kiosk Printer 814 Comes with Ethernet
- Airport Kiosk – FTE Trade Show In Vegas
- GLI STANDARDS – Gaming Laboratories International
- DTE offers cash payment kiosks for low-income customers