Last Updated on
Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Antibacterial Kiosk Touchscreen Wipes Coatings
- Peerless-AV® Launch of New SmartSpace Kiosk
- Kiosk Accessibility Patient Kiosks
- Free Ecommerce with NETePay Hosted
- EMV Payment Solutions by TEAMSable POS
- Kiosk Coronavirus Impact – CTS Furloughs 95%
- Self-Order Drive Thru Technology Overview
- Presto Offers Tabletop Kiosk For Free
- How Do Kiosks Help Restaurants Get Thru Coronavirus?
- Cleaning Keyboards and Accessibility Devices From Storm Interface
- Kiosk Manufacturer Association Statement on Coronavirus Healthcare Crisis
- Touchscreen Safe Antimicrobial Sprays and Wipes
- JAWS Kiosk Video and Selecting Correct Input Device for Accessibility
- Self-Service Kiosks — Reducing Risk of Virus Transmission
- The science of soap – here’s how it kills the coronavirus