Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”
- Meridian Partners With Samsung SDS America to Create and Launch Innovative Digital Signage Solution
- NRF 2019 – National Retail Federation BigShow in NY
- Whitepaper – Determining ROI for Merchandising Displays and Interactive Kiosks
- Kiosk Manufacturer – Meridian Announces New Manufacturing Leadership
- Digital Signage – Peerless-AV® Adds to Universal Projector Mount Line with new Heavy Duty Models
- Peerless-AV® Launches New Diamond Level of the Certified Installer Training Program
- U.S. Access Board 2018 Meeting KMA ADA Board
- Kroger Launches Voice Assistant Ordering for Grocery Ecommerce
- Attracting Attention: 8 Ways to Increase Kiosk Usage
- 5 Key Learnings from Panera’s Digital Transformation Blaine Hurst
- Kiosk Manufacturer – Meridian Kiosks Announces Launch of Newly Redesigned Website
- EMV Kiosk – On Track Innovations Receives Interac Certification for Canadian Market
- Digital Signage – 5 Ways Digital Signage is Changing the Advertising Game
- Online Retailers Moving To Physical Stores – Bloomberg podcast
- Kiosk Software New Release – Android 3.17 by KioWare