Tablet Kiosk and tablet enclosures are the fastest growing segment of the kiosk industry right now. Android tablets in particular but also iPad Kiosks. Windows tablets such as Surface are also used.
Tablet Kiosk considerations:
O/S – Lots to pick from and starting with IOS, Android and Windows. Recently Ubuntu released Tablet version . You could say Windows RT is another option. The O/S usually pricks the interest of the IT department if on a network. And it usually comes down to security and management.
Size – you have 19″ inch tablet but the cheapest is going to be the 7 inch. 10 inch are popular too.
CPU – there are still limitations here. The “usual suspects” are the older Intel ATOM dual core or Nvidia Tegra or Apple ARM. If you need a powerful CPU you need industrial tablet.
Durability – the initial temptation is buy some surplus consumer tablets. If the project is a short term promotional one-off then that option could be entertained. If you are doing any type of sustaining engineering for a medium longer term then you need to consider a “rugged” tablet. People like Motion and DTR are there. You have Panasonic in play now with its “Tough Tablet”.
Tablet Kiosk Computer Considerations
- Microsoft Surface
- Android tablets
- AIO or All-in-One computers
- Raspberry PI computers
- Rugged handheld computers
- O/S could be iOS, Windows, Android, Linux, Google Flex or Rasperry PI
- A small UPS for countertops is always recommended and XPCC makes the J60C
- Kiosk Group – primary business tablet computers
- Panasonic Restaurant Solutions
- Star Micronics
- Storm Interface
- UCP Unattended Payments
- Insight Touch – AIO and All-In-One Computers
- TDS TOUCH – AIO and All-In-One Computers
Enclosures Tablet Kioskhttps://kioskindustry.org › Tablet Kiosk
Lilitab Business Tablet Solutionshttps://kioskindustry.org › charter-members › lilitab
Software Tablet Kioskhttps://kioskindustry.org › Tablet Kiosk
Tablet AIO Design – Kiosk Industryhttps://kioskindustry.org › … › Kiosk Enclosure
Computers & Tablets – Kiosk Industryhttps://kioskindustry.org › … › Kiosk Components
All In One Computer Insight Touch – Case Study – Kiosk Industryhttps://kioskindustry.org › case-study-custom-touch-aio…
Samsung Kiosk – All-In-One Self-Service Solution for Retailershttps://kioskindustry.org › News Posts › Samsung Kiosk
- Self-Service Kiosks – Doing It Right
- Kiosk Manufacturer ImageHOLDERS 10-Year Anniversary
- Burger King Kiosk – Who Won, Who Lost and Lost What?
- Airport Bag Drop Kiosks – Self Check Bag Drop at Orlando
- ID Renewal Kiosk For Military
- Outdoor Visitor Ticketing Kiosks with Solar
- EV Charging – LG Enters The Market!
- DSE Digital Signage – Mixer Event Sixteen:Nine
- Racing in Las Vegas This Weekend — Formula 1
- Quest Diagnostics Legal Opinion
- Self-Checkout Is Not a Failed Experiment
- QSR and POS Update November
- Kiosk Industry News for November & IAAPA
- Outdoor Kiosk IAAPA
- Kiosk Monitoring – EloView 4 Remote Monitoring for Android