Self Service Trends
From integrated technologies and expanding payment options, to location awareness and personalization, we take a look at the top ten trends driving explosive growth in self-service.
10 Trends Super-Charging Self-Service
Need Some Numbers?
There are many reports with many numbers and most of them are from research data firms trying to make a buck. We have seen good reports, bad reports, and even done our own reports. Here is what the Kiosk Industry Group will say.
- Kiosk industry number — U.S market for self-service kiosks is valued at $10.4 billion in 2022. It is projected the self-service kiosks market in the U.S. will grow at a CAGR of 15% to reach $16 billion by 2025. [Kiosk Industry Group 2022]
- Definitions. Here are some.
- ATMs do not count (bitcoin kiosks do count)
- Supermarket checkout platforms do not count
- Conventional vending does not count
- Market dollars for enclosures (kiosks) and software are two different numbers that must be combined.
- Retrofits and replacements are a big deal these days
- Ditto for shipping, service, warranty
- Figure 3,000,00 “kiosks” operational a year and/or delivered
- Projections Caveat – India datamarts put out a ton of reports on whatever is trending on Google and then sell them for $2500 to $5000. There are also financial research firms that are primarily funded by large companies with vested interests.
- What about data mart numbers for digital signage? See below but they are up to 37 Billion.