Redbox DVD Rental Kiosks
Editors update: It’s 2021 and these things are still going. Here is 2021 Investors Report and these people have expanded into video on demand and 10 or so other digital channels, along with their thousands of movie rental kiosks. Redbox Signs Ad Supported Video on Demand (AVOD) Deal With WarnerMedia and Adds AVOD Titles From Sony Pictures Television, Accelerating Expansion of Free Streaming Service
Get out the stethoscope, Nova Scotia movie fans. It appears there may be some life in the movie rental business after all.
During the past year, about 135 Redbox kiosks have popped up in Atlantic Canada at Sobeys,Superstore, Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart and Petro-Canada locations.
Redbox movie rental kiosks are popping up all over the province — and across the Atlantic Canada — as a relatively new Canadian division of Redbox Automated Retail LLC, based in the United States, seeks to replicate in this country the popularity of its movie vending machines south of the border.
See on thechronicleherald.ca
More Redbox info
- ATM Kiosk Pumps Out Pirate Movies to USB Sticks – TorrentFreak(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Redbox Alexa Available: Just Ask Alexa What’s New(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Outerwall Slashes Guidance on Weak Redbox DVD Rentals(Opens in a new browser tab)
- DVD Kiosk – Redbox Revenue Drops 17% in Q4, as DVD Rentals Plummet(Opens in a new browser tab)
About Redbox Kiosk DVD Rental
Overall, Redbox kiosks are a convenient and affordable way to rent movies and video games. They’re a great option if you’re looking for something to watch but don’t want to commit to buying a DVD or Blu-ray.
Here are some additional facts about Redbox that you might find interesting:
- Redbox was founded in 2002.
- There are over 40,000 Redbox kiosks in the United States.
- Redbox is owned by McDonald’s Corporation.
- Redbox is the largest DVD rental chain in the United States.
What they offer:
- A wide selection of movies, including new releases, older favorites, and even some foreign films.
- A smaller selection of video games, mostly older titles.
- Blu-ray discs are also available at some kiosks.
- You can reserve movies online and pick them up at the kiosk.
Some additional things to keep in mind:
- Redbox charges late fees for discs that are not returned on time.
- You can only rent one disc per kiosk at a time.
- Some Redbox kiosks are located inside stores, while others are located outside.
- Redbox also offers a streaming service called Redbox On Demand, which allows you to rent movies and TV shows online.