Press release from BusinessWire May 09, 2019
Self-Service Kiosks Drive Up to 40% Lift on Orders; Company Brings on New Customers AT&T Center, LSU, Museums
PLAYA VISTA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Appetize, the modern Point of Sale (POS) and enterprise management platform, today announced strong results from its self-service kiosk technology seeing up to 40% increase in order size across its customer base. Appetize is at the forefront of a growing industry shift toward self-service kiosks and has recently expanded its kiosk reach with new customers Louisiana State University (LSU), AT&T Center, home of the San Antonio Spurs, and SSA (Service Systems Associates), foodservice provider for the Cincinnati Museum Center and other attractions.
Self-Service Kiosks from @appetizepos Deliver Up to 40% Lift in Orders. Announces New Customers @Attcenter, @lsu and more
Appetize’s Interact self-service platform offers embedded upsell functionality and data shows that consumers are 47% more likely to add an item on a kiosk than when asked to do so by a cashier. The company is seeing consistent results from kiosks across multiple industries, including attractions, education campuses, restaurants, and sports and entertainment facilities.
Some recent data shows customers are experiencing both an increase in order size and items per order, including:
- AT&T Center selected Appetize to be its point of sale platform arena-wide in 2018; in 2019, it deployed self-service kiosks and has seen an 18% increase in average order size.
- SSA (Service Systems Associates), a foodservice provider for leading cultural attractions, deployed Appetize self-service kiosks at Cincinnati Museum Center and saw a 40% adoption rate in less than six months and a 20% increase in average order size.
- LSU deployed Appetize self-service kiosks in its arena and has seen a 16% increase in average order size and 25% more items per check at kiosks compared to terminals at point of sale counters.
“We have been working with Appetize since 2017 and recently deployed kiosks to enhance our food service and offer a more convenient and frictionless experience for our students and guests,” said Matthew LaBorde, Assistant AD from LSU. “Appetize made it extremely easy for us to deploy a self-service platform and shift toward the future of ordering at athletic events.”
“Our customers are focused on two things: guest experience and financial performance. The Appetize Interact platform offers a modern and dynamic digital experience for guests while driving increased share of wallet for the business,” said Max Roper, Co-founder and CEO at Appetize. “In the past six months, over 45% of our deployments have included self-service kiosks, and we expect this trend to continue as businesses require more automation and consumers desire a more frictionless experience.”
Designed to enhance the guest experience and increase staff productivity, Appetize’s cloud-based self-service platform, Interact, gives businesses an intuitive checkout interface with custom menu ordering and branding for both Quick Serve and Retail environments. The platform also includes a back of house management suite, real-time connectivity for fulfillment and cashless payment experience, and more.
Appetize is a modern Point of Sale, inventory and analytics platform transforming how enterprises manage and process guest transactions. With an omni-channel approach, Appetize makes front of house transactions more intuitive through fixed, self-serve and handheld form factors, while providing robust kitchen and back office tools. Appetize is trusted by some of the largest and highest volume businesses in the world, including sports and entertainment properties, education campuses, theme parks, travel and leisure sites, and national chain brands. For more information, please visit getappetize.com.
Editors Note: One of the main kiosk providers for Appetize is Olea Kiosks.
- New Outdoor Kiosk Model Released by Olea Kiosks for Outdoor Ticketing – the Geneva aka “the Swiss Army Knife”
- Kiosk Design 101 – How To Mount Epson desktop printer in a Kiosk
- Olea Recruits Kiosk Industry Expert Rusty Gaynes to Serve as Director of Strategic Alliances and Partnerships
- Moe’s Southwest Grill First Kiosk-Only Restaurant is Now Open
- Temperature Check Kiosks – Olea
- Self-Order Drive Thru Technology Overview
- Self-Service Kiosks — Reducing Risk of Virus Transmission
- Biometric Security Screening Kiosks by CLEAR
- Charter Sponsor Series Review – Olea Kiosks
- Ticketing Kiosks Examples by Olea
- Turnkey Bill Payment Kiosks
- Self Order Kiosk for QSR – Broncos Technology – Mashgin, Aramark, Appetize
- Dennys Tablet Kiosk – Presto Selected Exclusive Pay-At-Table Technology
- Touchscreen FAQ – Are All Kiosk Touchscreens Created Equal?
- Olea Kiosks Introduces The Franklin Bill Payment Kiosk at G2E