Antimicrobial Kiosk Solutions
They have been around a long time and there has been improvements over the years. Important in the self-service terminal that the treatment does not affect the touchscreen
- Wikipedia on Antimicrobial
- Aegis how to kill germs
- Copper and EPA tests by Cuverro
- KMC Antimicrobial August 2013
- Corning Gorilla Glass silver coating
- iKlear wipes
- Environmental specs for Elotouch touchscreens (what they will tolerate)
- PDI disinfectant wipes (#1 in healthcare)
- PDI Easy Screen – released in 2016. Antimicrobial certification expected fall 2016.
Antibacterial Kiosk Solutions
PDI Easy Screen
Finally, a compatible touchscreen cleaner that works at the speed of technology.
• Features the power of 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA)
• Fast-drying, No residue, Anti-fogging, Anti-streaking
• Rapidly cleans dirt, grime, fingerprints, and smudges
• Compatible with touchscreen healthcare equipment, including Corning® Gorilla® Glass (3 and 4)1, Sapphire glass, Aluminum silicate, Acrylic Glass, Etched glass, Stainless steel, and more! MSDS Sheet.
SurfaceClean is a hospital-grade cleaner disinfectant that kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria on hard, non-porous surfaces.
enhances the effectiveness of our antimicrobial coatings by properly preparing surfaces for antimicrobial treatment
.SurfaceClean is designed for use prior to the application of long lasting antimicrobial products. It is also recommended for regular maintenance cleaning.
SurfaceClean is a cost effective and easy to use solution. SurfaceClean is available in 32 ounce spray bottles and 1 or 5 gallon containers.
SurfaceClean Disinfects and Eliminates:
- 99% of Germs and Bacteria
- Healthcare associated MRSA
- Community associated MRSA
- H1N1 Flu Virus
- Avian Influenza
For how long?
SurfaceAide XL delivers durability, safety and affordability to protect vital surfaces from the growth of bacteria, mold and fungi 24/7 for up to 90 days.
- Generates an environmentally friendly, non-leaching antimicrobial barrier on surfaces that is non-toxic and non-sensitizing
- Promotes long-term reduction of harmful bacteria, mold and fungi on surfaces
- Minimizes the presence of microbes on touch points that can serve as transfer routes for bacteria from surface-to-skin
- One application effectively fights the growth of bacteria, mold and fungi, non-stop on surfaces for up to 90 days
- Proactively and continually prevents odor, staining and deterioration caused by bacteria, fungi, mold and mildew
- Can be safely and easily applied without affecting day to day operations
- Invisible, odorless and will not affect the appearance or performance of treated surfaces
- Since SurfaceAide XL does not leach, the organism cannot emerge as a new resistant microbe or “super bug”
- Essentially dimethyl ammonium chlorides
DISINFECTANTS SUCH AS PDI
- Spec Sheet
- Safety Data Sheet – link – ingredients/etc
- Technical Data sheet – link
- Fast contact time allows for a quick room turnover
- Compatible with a broad range of surfaces and equipment in healthcare
- Meets CDC, OSHA and CMS Tag F441 guidelines
- Bactericidal, Tuberculocidal, Virucidal
- 55% Alcohol and dimethyl benzyl ammonium chlorides
- Effective against 30 microorganisms in 2 minutes including the following MDROs, bloodborne pathogens and viruses:1
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Candida albicans
- ESBL producing E. coli
- Influenza A
Clorox Professional – Link – competes with PDI. Using “Quat Alcohol”.
Here is the Clorox info. Same as PDI but percentages are not revealed. Price is different I am guessing.
Protect self service kiosk users from dangerous bacteria like E coli and MRSA with SeePoint’s anti-bacterial coated kiosks. In kiosk installations where bacteria transmission is a concern, SeePoint’s trained technicians can apply this antibacterial coating, the Aegis Microbe Shield, to keep touch screens and keyboards free from bacteria, spores, viruses and fungi. Coated touch screens and keyboards also provide surfaces where bacteria and other microbial contaminants cannot grow.
Antibacterial coatings are highly recommended for kiosks used in hospitals, public areas, high traffic installations, government self services and retail display fixtures. In use since the mid-1970s, the Aegis Microbe Shield is a safe and effective antimicrobial technology that combats contamination on frequently touched surfaces such as kiosk keyboards and touch screens. The antibacterial coating used on SeePoint kiosks is a permanent protective shield that kills 99.4% of all microbes.
COPPER AND ALLOYS
Copper alloys have the advantages of not only killing “bad bacteria” but they continue to kill it. Chart compares copper, brass and stainless.
And yes copper has an ROI model based on cost savings.
WHAT ARE MICROBES?
WHERE ARE MICROBES?
In the air
In the soil
On our skin and bodies
On items we touch every day
WHAT ARE ANTIMICROBIALS?
Antimicrobials control, destroy or suppress the growth of microbes, eliminating or limiting the negative effects of contamination, staining and deterioration.
Permanently bonded to the touch screen surface, the resistive membrane of the antibacterial coating does not affect display clarity on the touch screen. The antibacterial coating is also safe for the user and the environment. The coating does not leach in the environment, migrate to a user’s hands or wear off when the screen is cleaned. Unlike other products, the technology of this coating does not allow microbes to adapt or create resistant organisms.
HOW DOES THE ANTIMICROBIAL USED BY SEEPOINT WORK?
The Aegis Microbe Shield works by physically rupturing the microbe. The compound used in the coating consists of a long molecular chain that looks like a sword which, at its base, has a permanent bonding property. The permanently bonded “sword” sticks up from the surface where it has been applied, ready to puncture the microbe. When the microbe comes into contact with the sword, the microbe is punctured. Then the sword’s base, which includes a nitrogen molecule, draws the microorganism to it and electrocutes the cell. The microbe is destroyed on the sword. In the process, the coating is not consumed or dissipated so the antimicrobial is not depleted.
KEY ATTRIBUTES OF THE AEGIS MICROBE SHIELD
Bonds directly and permanently to the surface on which it applied.
Remains in place and active even after multiple washings.
Can be applied to almost any surface material.
Does not migrate from the surface.
Does not transfer onto the skin.
Does not leach harmful toxins into the environment.
Is not poisonous.
Does not dissipate over time.
Physically controls the microbe on contact.
Is proven successful in demanding settings such as medical facilities and clean rooms where safety and effectiveness are paramount.
Does not create an environment for adaptive organisms and “super bugs.”