Case Study – Red Rocks in Colorado Digital Signage Solution
Peerless-AV ® helps esteemed,
Colorado outdoor music venue
engage its patrons.
Case Study 2018
The Red Rocks Amphitheatre, located in Morrison, Colorado, is situated within the Red Rocks Park, surrounded by 738 acres of geological wonders. Originally built in 1936, the large, outdoor concert venue has celebrated over 75 years in use. The theatre can hold nearly 10,000 people and has hosted some of the very best musicians, including The Beatles, The Grateful Dead, U2, and more.
Like many busy venues, Red Rocks Amphitheatre’s crowds and varying event types made it crucial to be able to quickly and efficiently provide updated information to patrons, especially in the concession areas, which regularly receive heavy foot traffic as guests purchase food and drinks as well as travel through to reach different areas of the theatre. To keep information current, the venue was consistently printing and manually replacing static signage at each individual stand, a task that had long proven to be far too taxing of an undertaking.
Red Rocks decided to seek out a digital signage option that would best showcase the venue’s various menu offerings and streamline the ordering process. In October 2017, Red Rocks approached Ping HD, an end-to-end digital media company, for a solution.
Together they determined the hardware needed to revamp the concession stands, in addition to software that would allow menu changes to be scheduled in advance and change automatically. In sum, the team set out to install 33 total Samsung outdoor displays, 19 of which would be located outside. All displays would utilize EngagePHDTM digital signage software, ensuring content could be adjusted as needed and the
possibility of downtime would be minimized.
The key challenge for the project was finding the correct mount for the Samsung displays that were selected. Relying on Ping HD’s advice, the Red Rocks Amphitheatre chose Peerless-AV ® to provide mounts for the project. The durability and functionality of Peerless-AV’s mounts were the primary contributors for selecting Peerless-AV mounting solutions. In addition, at the time, Peerless-AV was the only approved option available, industry-wide, that would fit the Samsung displays being used – another
contributing factor for the decision to move forward with the company.
Peerless-AV’s EW Series offers outdoor mounting solutions designed exclusively for Samsung’s OHF Series SMART Signage displays. Peerless-AV’s Outdoor Tilt Wall Mount in Landscape (EWL-OH46F), selected for the Red Rocks Amphitheatre, features:
- A custom design specifically engineered for outdoor use and constructed from weatherproof materials
- Adaptors that hook onto the wall plate, simplifying the install
- A clean profile that hides cables and hardware within an enclosed wall plate for a clutter-free installation
- Air baffles that help separate exhaust from intake air, crucial for the lifespan of the Samsung display
- Tilts forward from 0° to 10° when in landscape orientation and 0° to 4° when in portrait orientation
Like all Peerless-AV mounts, the Outdoor Tilt Wall Mounts are designed, manufactured, and tested to withstand the outdoor elements, so companies can focus on what matters most: the customer experience.
The Installation and the Results
Installation began in April 2018 as Red Rocks Amphitheatre was nearing the opening of concert season, which put the entire team in a time crunch. At times, installation occurred in tandem with bands setting up.
The location on the side of a mountain also posed a challenge, as access can only occur from the bottom (where parking is) or at the top, where the carts and
concessions are and the integrations were spread across a few acres.
Working together, the team mastered the installation in just two to three weeks. Since installing, customers have noted the enhanced aesthetics and ease of locating the concession stands. Further, the venue has seen increases in guests getting in line for concessions, as they are now more engaging and easier to notice at night.
After the installation, the venue felt completely different. The enhancement of digital signage has elevated Red Rocks Amphitheater to a whole new level.
Marcus Byrd, Ping HD
Ping HD is a full service, end-to-end digital media company that provides affordable, scalable, and innovative digital signage solutions. With thousands of digital endpoints around the globe, they build and design custom solutions that fit the exact requirements of their clients. From video walls to interactive touch experiences, Ping HD’s innovative
solutions have been deployed in all major verticals including: travel, hospitality, sports, QSR, retail, corporate and education industries.
Visit www.pinghd.com or www.engagephd.com to learn more.
Connect with Ping HD via social media on Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin.
For over 75 years, passion and innovation continue to drive Peerless-AV ® forward. We proudly design and manufacture the highest quality products, ranging from outdoor displays to complete kiosk solutions, digital signage mounts to wireless systems. Whether
a full-scale global deployment or custom project, Peerless-AV develops meaningful relationships and delivers world-class service. In partnership with Peerless-AV, you are trusting an award-winning team of experts who will support your business every step of the way. For more information, visit peerless-av.com.
More by Peerless
- InfoComm 2019 – Peerless InfoComm Outdoor Kiosks and Smart Kiosks #3429
- Case Study – Using LED Wall for Hospitality
- Peerless-AV Announces SmartMount Line of Motorized Carts and Stands
- Smart City Kiosk – Peerless-AV® Puts Its Latest AV Solutions on Display at Digital Signage Expo 2019
- Case Study – LED video wall Epic Sports Bar Samsung
- Digital Signage – Peerless-AV® Adds to Universal Projector Mount Line with new Heavy Duty Models
- Peerless-AV® Launches New Diamond Level of the Certified Installer Training Program
- Case Study – Red Rocks in Colorado Digital Signage Solution
- Peerless-AV® Announces New Smart City Kiosk
- Peerless-AV® Announces New Motorized Collaboration Cart
- Peerless-AV® Introduces New Large Venue Projector Mounts for Rental and Staging Applications
- Peerless-AV® Introduces LED Video Wall Configurator
- Driving Technology Through Innovation: Peerless-AV’s InfoComm 2018 Showcase
- Training — Upcoming Peerless-AV Webinars: 3/29 Installation Training & More
- Peerless-AV Joins Kiosk Manufacturer Association’s Board of Directors