Self Service DMV Kiosk by Frank Mayer aim to help shorten lines at satellite city halls
HONOLULU (KHON2) — The city’s Department of Customer Services announced that its new self-service kiosks for renewing vehicle registrations appear to be catching on with the public after the first six months.
Since the freestanding, self-service kiosks were rolled out in February at select Safeway supermarkets, more than 18,000 residents have used them to register their vehicles, make their payments, and walk away with all of their documents in hand in just a matter of minutes.
“We want residents to know that they no longer need to stand in line, or wait 10-to-14 days of processing and mailing time to get their registrations and emblems,” said Customer Services Director Sheri Kajiwara. “Everyone who has used the kiosks so far has shared positive comments.”
The kiosks are available 24/7 and can process motor vehicle registrations quickly.
In addition to renewing vehicle registrations at self-service kiosks, residents can also opt to register online or by mail as alternatives to waiting in line at a satellite city hall.
An estimated 54 percent of O‘ahu motorists continue as “walk-in and wait transactions” at satellite city halls.
The self-service kiosks are the newest of the three options to walking into a satellite city hall to renew a motor vehicle registration. A key feature of the self-service kiosks is that they instantly process and print registration cards and stickers, as well as accept renewals up to 10 months past due. Late registrations will be assessed a standard $16 fee and all renewal transactions require that a current safety inspection be on file.
- First All-Digital Restaurant In Oakland
- FMA Magazine Fall 2019 – Accessible Kiosks, Merchandising Displays and Best Design
- Self service DMV kiosks
- Merchandise Display Bubba
- Gold Sponsor News – Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- Frank Mayer at ICX Summit
- Kiosk Magazine – FMA Magazine Spring 2019
- Self-Service Kiosks Meeting Customer Service Needs – Frank Mayer Expands Line
- Retail Marketing Psychology – Frank Mayer
- Point of Purchase Trends – Recap 2018 Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- Whitepaper – Determining ROI for Merchandising Displays and Interactive Kiosks
- Skip The DMV, Renew Your Car Registration At King Soopers « CBS Denver
- Perspective – E-Commerce’s Brick-and-Mortar Revolution
- Automotive Kiosks – Self-Service Technology in the Auto Industry
- ADUSA and Frank Mayer Announce Partnership