North Sterling State Park has a new feature to make it easier for visitors to purchase a parks pass.
The park is one of eight state parks to receive a new self-service kiosk so far. These outdoor kiosks are also solar kiosks and provide ticketing and registration via 3G/4G modem.
“Not a lot of people have exactly seven dollars [for a daily park pass] in their pockets,” said CPW Statewide Business Operations Coordinator Kirk Teklits. “As far as customer service goes, being able to pay by credit card is definitely a desirable service option.
15 stations are currently installed at nine parks and more will be coming later this summer.
“This helps our state parks become more modernized,” Teklits said. “Most of the kiosks run on solar power, provide multiple sales channels to our customers, and help our staff with money collection and counting. It also helps our law enforcement officers quickly determine who has bought a pass and who hasn’t.”
Teklits said there have already been more than 800 daily passes and 55 annual passes sold through the kiosks since the first ones were installed June 13. The kiosks accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover cards.
Outdoor Kiosks Notes
We asked for some more background information on the outdoor kiosks and learned deployment began in June 2018 with 15 stations. And already the other parks have requested their own solar kiosks. Business at the kiosks has been very good so far and expanding to all the parks in Colorado is just a matter of time (and money).
Each kiosk costs around $6K is our estimate and looking at the kiosks it looks like Parkeon is the vendor. They have a 3 year contract we are guessing. The original RFP went out last quarter of 2017. That’s 8 months from spec to deployed.
Connectivity is managed thru a 3G/4G modem.
For more on Outdoor Kiosks see our reference page on Outdoor kiosks.
|Craig is a senior staff writer for Kiosk Industry Group Association. He has 25 years of experience in the industry. He contributed to this article.|
- Peerless-AV and EcoDigital Media (EDM) recently teamed up to provide BigFoot Java, a coffee retailer located in Washington, brand new exciting digital display boards!
- Bill Payment Kiosks Outdoor – Case Study Cooling
- Outdoor Kiosk News – New UL/CSA Certification for Indoor/Outdoor Kiosk Cooling
- Resource – Sunlight Readable High Bright Displays & panelbrite
- New kiosks offer convenience for state park visitors – Journal Advocate
- Peerless-AV Outdoor Displays Webinars – 3/21, 11 am CT
- Meridian Taking Tech to Next Level for Kiosk Business
- In the wild – Subway drive thru deployment
- Updated FAQ – NEMA Ratings & Outdoor Kiosks Enclosures
- Outdoor Kiosk At Large – Pics of Space Needle & Drive thru units by Olea
- Outdoor Kiosks – 3 keys to improving outdoor kiosk reliability (before you install)
- Outdoor kiosk : A one-stop experience for Huron County visitors
- FAQ – NEMA Ratings Outdoor Kiosks
- Outdoor Consideration for Displays
- Drive Thru Kiosk – Subway drive thru kiosk video