About KMA Kiosk Manufacturer Group
Kiosk Industry is the news engine for the Kiosk Manufacturer Association or KMA which is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better self-service for customers and employees through kiosks and information technology (IT). Kiosk Industry Association leads efforts to optimize self-service engagements and engagement outcomes using information technology such as kiosks.
The Kiosk Industry Group acts as the professional news and marketing website for the kiosk and self-service industry. We are funded by those companies for the benefit of developers, resources and client companies interested in self-service, kiosks, thin or internet terminals and POS systems. News about the industry and by the industry that is relevant to companies looking to utilize self-service, and companies which assist in doing just that (hardware, software and application).
About the Editor & Manager
Craig Allen Keefner manages the Kiosk Manufacturer Association and focused on transactional systems for self-service (QSR, Fast Casual, Healthcare, Telemedicine, bill payment and more). Experience as web programmer (NW Airlines), Bridal Kiosks (Target Clubb Wedd and Gift Certificate Company). Irwin Jacobs B2C. Eleven years with Kiosk Information Systems. Major projects include: Verizon, Army Gaming Centers, Target Store Bridal Registry, Correctional visitation, AT&T and many more.
Kiosk Regulatory Advocacy
Members of KI have a strong interest in standards like ADA, EMV, HIPAA, UL, and many more. Our first effort in this regard is towards ADA. Towards this end we have formed ADA committee and also an ADA Working Group. For more information Click Here.
The Kiosk Association
Who are we? We are companies from all over the world who provide kiosk and self-service technology, hardware & software, to enable unattended access for customers & employees.
Making self service easier, faster, safer, more reliable and more useful.
Whether it engineering a solution, manufacturing, software and application development, remote monitoring, logistics, services for warranty, financing, usability and analytics — the industry association has resources.
Our LinkedIn kiosk industry group is comprised of over 1,800 qualified members from all over the world (we are international). It’s free to join the group on LinkedIn. Visit our free Kiosk Industry list of over 300 companies (and submit your own for free listing).
- [Publisher] CAKCEK Inc. founded Kiosk Association website in 1995 in Minnesota. Original news site was the kiosks newsgroup on Usenet.
- [Editor & Manager] Craig Allen Keefner
- [Staff writers and contributors] Richard Slawsky, Laura Miller, Andrew Savala, Adam Aronson.
- [Graphic & Logo Support] PixlePeople, The Object Shop, Don Eastburn & Associates. Rebecca Tolle Art.
We are located in Denver Colorado. Our mailing address is:
KIOSK INDUSTRY / Kiosk Manufacturer Association
980 Home Farm Circle
Westminster, CO 80234
Email: [email protected]
We also cover additional market verticals
Here is a list of subverticals we cover:
- Digital Signage Blog — more accurately interactive digital displays but we are stuck with “digital signage” for now.
- Menu Board — here we focus on digital menus, indoor and outdoor. Panasonic and LG are two of our members and contribute.
- i-Telehealth — remote health monitoring and treatment by consumers themselves, sometimes with assistance
- Touch Screens — touchscreens come in sizes from 5″ to 100″. You have LED fine pitch which are only displays
- PatientKiosk — patient registration kiosks in healthcare along with EHRs like Epic with Welcome Kiosk are covered
- Digital Business — looking for software like browser lockdown or commercial grade tablets and All-In-One computers?
- Automated Retail — lockers and smart vending along with innovative drive thru and retail robotics
- Thin Client Computing — Touchscreen Chromebooks, Zero Clients and your usual Wyse (oops I mean Dell) and HP thin client news
- Point Of Sale RFPs — website for tracking and listing RFPs issued for POS primarily in SLED market
- Smart City Design — we see growing interest in smart city especially in renovating downtowns for better pedestrian access longterm