Version 3.6 of KioWare for Android (Lite, Basic, & Full) now supports Android Marshmallow (6.0). Users running Android 6.0 can now use KioWare to safely secure their tablets or phones to approved websites or applications.
KioWare Basic for Android and KioWare Full for Android (Version 3.6) also include support for EMV certification via Credit Call’s mPOS CardEaseMobile framework which works on Android 5.0 and newer. With support for this framework, EMV certified transactions and refunds can be run on a tablet using compatible devices. For a full device list,visit our website.
KioWare Lite, Basic, & Full for Android also now support native PDF files, allowing PDF viewing. Version 3.6 of KioWare for Android also offers a user agent feature, appending custom text to the browser user agent. This feature allows the web server to detect that a kiosk is requesting the webpage and enables users to set the kiosk display to be different from basic web browsing content. This feature can also be used for analytics and reporting.
Users of KioWare for Android should update their version of KioWare to version 3.6, particularly if it will be securing a device running Android 6.0 or later. Current support is required in order to update.
For a full description of new features for the entire KioWare for Android product line, visit our site.
More Android Kiosk Software News
- Kiosk Software – KioWare for Windows – new version
- KioWare Remote Server Interface Update
- KioWare Android Kiosk – Updated EMV & Marshmallow
- Retail Kiosk Software – EMV kiosk support
- Kiosk Software – KioWare Windows simplifies kiosk set up
- Kiosk Software OS Test Drive KioWare
- The NEW KioWare for Windows!
- Kiosk Management
- Kiosk Software – New Release! Version 3.5 of KioWare for Android
- Retail Business Technology Expo 2015 – KioWare Miller Speaker
- Kiosk Mode or Assigned Access – what is it?
- CEO-Corner Jim Kruper KioWare
- Corrections kiosk case study – Jail Visitation
- Becoming EMV Ready: Shortcuts to Certification
- Device Hopping