Automotive Kiosks – Self-Service Technology in the Auto Industry
I was maybe 15 or 16 when I went with my dad to buy the next family car.
It was the late 90s, so the purchasing experience was done in that traditional way of which we’ve grown nostalgic. I remember a collection of thick, glossy pamphlets from each car brand accumulating on our kitchen table, and I’d flip through pages of different models, reading about the various features each offered. When my father had finally narrowed down his “Favorites” list, we set aside a Saturday to visit the dealerships.
Each appointment involved poking around the car, listening to the sales person’s pitch, and taking a test drive. When a winner was finally chosen, we sat down to do that usual song and dance to secure the best price.
Fast forward to 2018. Think of the most recent time you bought a car. Did you refer to those glossy brochures or did you go straight to the Internet to visit the brand’s homepage and find your nearby dealer location?
Did you read reviews, view photos, and look up the fairest pricing?
The car buying method has changed immensely, with digital sales tools creating an omnichannel experience that helps prospective clients come to a dealership armed with more insight than what was typically found in the catalogs.
But how can car brands capitalize on the modern-day consumer’s demand for convenience and immediate information while also benefitting their bottom line?
Read Full Article on Frank Mayer website
More Frank Mayer Articles
- Self service DMV kiosks
- Merchandise Display Bubba
- Gold Sponsor News – Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- Frank Mayer at ICX Summit
- Kiosk Magazine – FMA Magazine Spring 2019
- Self-Service Kiosks Meeting Customer Service Needs – Frank Mayer Expands Line
- Retail Marketing Psychology – Frank Mayer
- Point of Purchase Trends – Recap 2018 Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- Whitepaper – Determining ROI for Merchandising Displays and Interactive Kiosks
- Skip The DMV, Renew Your Car Registration At King Soopers « CBS Denver
- Perspective – E-Commerce’s Brick-and-Mortar Revolution
- Automotive Kiosks – Self-Service Technology in the Auto Industry
- ADUSA and Frank Mayer Announce Partnership
- People – Ron Bowers Retires From Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc. After 35 Years
- Whitepaper – The Present-Day Kiosk and Its Benefit to Today’s Consumer