New android kiosk software release available for KioWare for Android (version 3.17). Highlights are SIP support for VoIP calling, new attract screen transition options, Magtek device support (available in Basic and Full), and more.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW to KioWare for Android
Version 3.17 of KioWare® for Android is now available. KioWare for Android now adds SIP Voice over IP capabilities for supported tablets. Also added: new hardware keyboard filtering, a built-in application drawer, updated attract looper settings, and more. KioWare Basic for Android & KioWare Full for Android now have MagTek magnetic card reader support. Additional features also now available.
September 2017, York, PA – Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) has released a new version of KioWare for Android kiosk software supporting SIP VoIP and Magtek magnetic card readers.
KioWare kiosk software products lock down your device into kiosk mode, turning your tablet into a secure kiosk or purposed device for self-service, digital signage, or mobile device management deployments.
SIP Voice over IP
Version 3.17 of Kioware Lite for Android now includes capabilities for SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Voice over IP (VoIP) on supported devices. A SIP connection allows for making or receiving phone calls over the Internet. In addition to phone calling, KioWare for Android also supports KioCall Video
Conferencing for video conferencing calls.
Magtek Magnetic Card Reader
KioWare Basic for Android and KioWare Full for Android now support MagTek magnetic card readers including the eDynamo and tDynamo for non-credit card magstripe deployments.
Additional New Features and Improvements
Built in applications drawer
The built-in applications drawer can be used instead of the default home screen to allow kiosk users to access applications easily.
Attract looper settings
New attract looper settings have been added to control the transition animation to allow for more options in going from slide to slide. Settings can also change the attract looper folder location.
Results dialog added when provisioning
A results dialog has been added to show when provisioning for informed provisioning monitoring
Various bug fixes and application improvements.
View all updates to KioWare for Android version 3.17 here.
Licensing KioWare for Android
A license is needed for each deployed kiosk running KioWare for Android. Quantity pricing is available. Annual support and maintenance is recommended, and current support is required in order to upgrade. View a full description of features for this and other versions of the KioWare product line.
KioWare has been providing OS, desktop, and browser lockdown security for the kiosk and self-service industry since 2003 and Android software since 2012.
KioWare kiosk software secures your application or website on Windows or Android devices, restricting user access to approved behaviors and protecting user and network data. KioWare is fully customizable and offers solutions ranging from browser lockdown to full server-based kiosk management. From simple out of the box configurations to more complex integrations, KioWare is trusted by developers, IT professionals, marketers, Fortune 100 corporations, and small business owners. The KioWare team is based in York, Pennsylvania, with an office located in Reading, UK. Choose the best KioWare product for your self-service project and download a fully functioning free trial at KioWare.com.
More News From KioWare
- Touchless Interface Solution Self-service kiosks – KioTouch
- Why Use Lockdown for User Interface?
- Asus Tinker Android Kiosk DIY mini PC KioWare OS & ASUS Team Up
- Windows Kiosk Software Customer Requests
- KioWare Kiosk Software Releases New Kiosk Software Solution for Chrome OS, KioWare for Chrome OS
- Facial Recognition Kiosk Software for Windows Released
- Kiosk Software New Release – Android 3.17 by KioWare
- ADA Accessibility Tip – Integrating Storm NavPad
- New Guided Setup in KioWare 8.14 Makes Setup Even Easier Than Before
- Android Kiosk Software – New Release of KioWare for Android
- Kiosk Software New Release KioWare® for Android & KioWare Classic for Windows
- Kiosk Software – KioWare for Windows Release 8.12 New Devices
- Kiosk Software – Wi-Fi Management & Expanded Guided Setup Assistance
- Turnkey or Bespoke by Laura Miller
- KioWare Selects cleverbridge to Drive Global Online Revenue – Kiosk Software