Self-Service Fast Food Order Kiosks Transforming Customer Experience
The same principles for self-order kiosks and increasing sales in fast-food restaurants work across market verticals. At an airline kiosk, a simple upsell to get better seating usually works for example. In hospitality its much easier to click off on extra services at check-in.
This is a nice article writeup by the Mashed writer.
- Self-Service Kiosks encourage people to spend more
- 20% on average
- Larger sales than in-person
- McDonalds saw 30% increase
- Machines automatically upsell — counter people do not
- Kiosks positively impact customer mood
- Touch screens create “experiential and effective feelings” in customers
As they become more efficient and user-friendly, self-serve kiosks are transforming the fast-food customer experience. Many of us have seen this firsthand. After all, who hasn’t taken some secret pleasure in flicking through a digital menu? However, as FoodTec discussed in a 2018 article, self-serve technology is not only making fast food service more efficient, but also subtly changing customer behavior. Namely, it is encouraging people to spend more.
The numbers speak for themselves. FoodTec has suggested that self-serve kiosks increase customer spending, on average, by 20%, and this figure is borne out by data presented in a 2015 Harvard Business Review article. According to the review, major chains, including Taco Bell, McDonald’s, and Chilis have all reported self-serve kiosks generating larger sales than in-person ordering, usually by a margin of 20%. In one instance, McDonald’s even saw sales increase by as much as 30%. Self-serve kiosks aren’t just good for business — they’re great for business.
- QSR by Pyramid Computer and Intel Showcase
- Contactless Payment Using Facial Recognition Self-Order Kiosks Case Study – Daddy’s Chicken Shack QSR Restaurant
- QSR Market Update Self-Service – Unattended Kiosks
- 5 Tips to Ensure Your Self-Serve Kiosk is a Success – by NCR(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Retail Kiosks(Opens in a new browser tab)
For More Information Contact Us
[contact-form to=”[email protected]” subject=”General inquiry”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url”][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]