Wendys Kiosks – Self-Order & Drive-Thru Kiosk
Wendys Kiosks Update – TheStreet talks exclusively with Wendy’s CEO Todd Penegor about how he is trying to reinvent the food ordering process. Click here for full interview. Below are some of the points covered.
Some points covered and made by Penegor:
- How many kiosks installed in Wendys? 200 in 340 store owned restaurants, none in franchisees.
- kiosk benefits — Higher average checks
- kiosk benefits — Better customer satisfaction
- kiosk benefits — More orders to the kitchen
- Think about Handheld kiosks (mobile phones)
- You can take orders faster but can you get customers out quicker? Some foods require more time and it may not fit that model.
- kiosk benefits — 2/3 of current orders go thru the drive thru
- 1/3 of current orders go thru store. Where does the business case warrant technology?
- Time to think beyond the inside of the restaurant
- What is the future drive thru experience and how does technology play into that
- Dunkin Donuts has a Fast Pass lane for mobile orders (2nd make line). Running orders out to the car is problematic and brings in safety issues.
More Wendys Kiosks news
- See McDonalds News update for the latest news on fast food and kiosks.
- Fact check on Wendys replacing workers – article
- Wendys Serves Up Big Expansion – article
McDonalds Kiosk- Fact checking website disputes claim that Wendy’s replaced workers with kiosks
Wendy’s, McDonald’s – food kiosk tests not tied to minimum wage battle
Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food