Wendy’s CEO Talks About Future of Fast Food – Kiosks and Drive-Thrus – The Street
TheStreet talks exclusively with Wendy’s CEO Todd Penegor about how he is trying to reinvent the food ordering process. Click here for full interview. Below are some of the points covered.
Some points covered and made by Penegor:
- How many installed? 200 in 340 store owned restaurants, none in franchisees.
- Higher average checks
- Better customer satisfaction
- More orders to the kitchen
- Think about Handheld kiosks (mobile phones)
- You can take orders faster but can you get customers out quicker? Some foods require more time and it may not fit that model.
- 2/3 of current orders go thru the drive thru
- 1/3 of current orders go thru store. Where does the business case warrant technology?
- Time to think beyond the inside of the restaurant
- What is the future drive thru experience and how does technology play into that
- Dunkin Donuts has a Fast Pass lane for mobile orders (2nd make line). Running orders out to the car is problematic and brings in safety issues.