McDonald’s Kiosk Facts & Data
McDonalds kiosk is the platform and company which influences and drives the self-service self-order QSR market. In the U.S. they have done many pilots over the years. In Europe they have moved ahead with self-service. Now its big here in States. Recent flagship installation at Times Square for reference (CNBC) which features Pyramid.
From Pyramid and Frieder Hansen — Congrats McDonalds: Today Grand Opening NYC Times Square wonderful McDonalds restaurant and 18 polytouch 32“ kiosks are ready to take orders. In close neighborhood, at AMC Theatre Times Square there are 16 polytouch 24“ units, selling cinema tickets since 2 years. Design, performance and reliability makes the difference.
McDonalds Kiosk QSR Self Order News Feed
- Reverse Case Study – Outdoor Drive-thru Menuboards at McDonalds Go Isotropic 2020/10/30Worth noting the noting of this isotropic screen failure at McDonalds Drive-Thru in California (Sep2020). Further investigation points to a Samsung OH55F, which given the specifications, is surprising. Our guess is the vendor supplying these is Coates and we have sent a query to them asking about this. Other McDonalds related links https://kioskindustry.org/mcdonalds-project-ray/ https://kioskindustry.org/mcdonalds-news-watch/
- McDonalds Project Ray _ Landini Associates Creating Cool McD 2020/08/18Very nice exposition of McDonalds project by Steve Lister. This was a project to make McDonalds cool again. From LinkedIn post we saw — So what was the idea of the project? – The complete reinvention of the world’s largest Fast Food Chain, including master-planning, architecture and interior design, brand positioning, graphics, packaging, uniforms and global ...
- McDonalds Video – Arnheim Post-Covid Config Distancing 2020/05/03McDonalds Kiosks Self-Service Post-COVID Distancing In Netherlands Erwin Dito Managing Director at McDonald’s Netherlands As a result of great and swift teamwork, we’ve launched our ‘test and learn prototype’ restaurant in Arnhem. It’s an important step closer to operating in the new social distancing society. The team designed safe work & dining solutions for our employees ...
- 2019 U.S. QSR Kiosk Research Market – Mercator 2020/02/13Kiosk Research – Self-Service QSR Kiosks Gaining Popularity Editors Note: Short and concise report on QSR Kiosk market. Nothing on drive-thru kiosks. Quite a few players not included (maybe next time). Example would be reference to McDonalds Times Square Flagship project (see CNBC writeup we published back in May 2019). That is Pyramid Computer out of ...
- Taco Bell Cantina Kiosks in Midtown 2020/02/02Excerpt from TimeOut NY Taco Bell keeps ringing the bell with additional Taco Bell Cantinas set to take over New York City. The latest opening, reported earlier this week by the Commercial Observer, is located at 976 Sixth Avenue between West 35th and 36th Streets in Midtown and will be the first multi-level Taco Bell Cantina in the ...
- Acrelec announces $223 million investment from Glory to expand in-store quick service solutions 2020/02/02Excerpt from TechEU 01/31/2020 By Annie Musgrove, January 31st, 2020. Acrelec, the global leader in customer experience technology for “quick service” restaurants and retailers, has announced plans for a $223 million investment by Glory Global Solutions. The funding is subject to review by Acrelec’s employee representatives and certain competition authorities. Acrelec has developed kiosks, drive-through and self-checkouts for many of ...
- Dunkin’ on Demand digital kiosk – New Store Announcement Nashville 2020/02/02Excerpt from Wannado Dunkin’ announced it will host a grand opening celebration on Tuesday, February 4 to unveil its newest Next Generation Store in Nashville located at 400 21st Avenue South. Attendees will get a glimpse at the store’s new modern design and in-store innovations, including a cold beverage tap system and Dunkin’ on Demand digital kiosk. With ...
- QSR Self-Order Kiosks — McDonalds Flaw 2019/11/14McDonalds Kiosks — Ordering Kiosks major flaw Editors Note: We never understood why McDonalds totally avoided cash for its customers. The demographics would seem to require cash in order to serve customers. This is almost considering some users “disabled” and cannot be serviced at the kiosks and must go to the counter. Cash2Card systems tied in ...
- Kiosk Company – Evoke Creative 2019/11/01New Sponsor Evoke Creative Kiosks We welcome Evoke as our latest KMA sponsor. Evoke works in all types of complete kiosk solutions as well as OEM standard models for people such as McDonalds. WHO WE ARE Evoke have been at the forefront of interactive digital technology since 2003 and work with some of the world’s biggest brands designing ...
- Alexa Self-Order Voice Command Voice Response QSR w/ Customer & Employee. Beacon tech 2019/08/09Using Alexa Self-Order in QSR Nice demo of Alexa self-order integration by Pyramid Technologies. Includes employee voice command and response sequences with Alexa combined with beacon technology for locating the customer. More Pyramid Kiosk links PYRAMID COMPUTER KIOSK INGENICO AND PYRAMID ANNOUNCEMENT PYRAMID NRF 2019
From News Roundup
McDonald’s Franchisee Streamlines Food Safety Compliance – Sales at McBee Enterprises’ 12 McDonald’s restaurants are doing relatively well. No lay offs and McBee is, in fact, continuing to hire people.
- 28 mergers and acquisitions in the restaurant industry in 2020 – The $11.3 billion Inspire/Dunkin’ deal was certainly the talk of the finance world. The deal was completed on Dec. 15. and now gives Inspire Brands an entrance into the breakfast segment, taking the Dunkin’ and Baskin-Robbins brands private. Another notable acquisition was the growing brand BurgerFi, which was acquired by OPES Acquisition Corp. and announced it would be begin being traded on the Nasdaq on Dec. 17 under the ticker BFI. The company was renamed BurgerFi International Inc.
- El Pollo Loco Unveils Concept to Compete in COVID World — El Pollo Loco Wednesday unveiled its “Restaurant of the Future” design, joining the ranks of some of the category’s biggest chains, like McDonald’s, Burger King, KFC, and Taco Bell, to do so in recent weeks.
- National Restaurant Association Plea For Restaurants – Restaurant Industry in Free Fall; 10,000 Close in Three Months
11/9 — McDonald’s announced on Monday a new growth strategy going into 2021 — “Accelerating the Arches” — which includes the introduction of a new crispy chicken sandwich early next year and the rollout of a new loyalty program: MyMcDonald’s.
Described as a “new digital experience growth engine,” the personalized loyalty program and all-in-one platform will offer tailored promotions for members and the ability for customers to place orders “through the channel of their choice.” Key components of the new program will begin rolling out in a test pilot in the Phoenix area over the coming weeks. Link to article on NRN
McDonalds permanently closing Times Square Flagship. Link. McDonald’s confirmed this week that the company has made the “difficult decision” to close the famed corporate store in Times Square, a move that was in the works prior to the coronavirus pandemic.
Wow Bao announced further expansion plans within the East Coast market. In quarter one 2020, Wow Bao will open three new locations at some of the largest transportation hubs in the region, including Dulles International Airport, Boston Logan International Airport and Raleigh-Durham International Airport. https://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/wow-bao-plots-east-coast-expansion-2020
US news — McDonald’s sanctions a new self-service solution along with digital signs after testing. The new solution package is being offered to franchisees to purchase with a small subsidy from McDonald’s to assist.
Current kiosk industry participants seem to include Coates and Zivelo. Printers are Epson (after some troublesome other brands?)
DOL rules are being delayed in states like California. That is a combination of overtime and minimum pay.
Europe News — Back in March McD announced 8000 or so restaurants would be equipped. Estimates are less than 1500.
Older Archived News
Aug 16, 2004 – McDonalds & Music. McDonald’s fast-food chain said global sales climbed 6.4 percent last month, a 15th straight monthly increase, spurred by …
Aug 31, 2004 – McDonald’s to use cashless RFID payment system. Globe and Mail Update. TORONTO, Aug. 18 McDonald’s restaurants has announced an …
Sep 2, 2003 – KIS and McDonalds. KIS delivering POS kiosks for McDonald’s. McDonald’s takes a closer step to self-serve. Updated: 7/25/2003 9:58 AM
May 16, 2011 – McDonald’s to shake up food ordering system.McDonald’s is to change the way customers order its meals in Europe, partly replacing cashiers …