PopPay Facial Payment Kiosk or Pay By Face
PopPay’s double-sided tablet takes face payments at Dog Haus and Fresh Brothers Pizza in the Los Angeles area. See how they do it!
PopID’s kiosks use facial recognition to give customers the ability to update/redeem their loyalty/rewards and pay using their face across multiple restaurant locations. Credit card information is tokenized using Datacap’s payment solutions such that PopID can initiate payments in-store or online without storing cardholder data in any capacity.
In addition to data security, this omnichannel approach to payments fosters a universal experience across all channels, empowering PopID to create forward-thinking, friction-free payment solutions for their customers.
“Our technology has been in development since around 2016, but COVID-19 has accelerated the rollout of our kiosks and enter-by-face technology,” said John Miller, the chairman of PopID’s parent company, Cali Group.
Thanks to Datacap Systems for pointing this out to us!
Here is the promotional video showing the actual process
More Facial Payment Kiosk Information
- TechCheck from Restaurant Business article RB takes a look at a new product that allows customers to pay by scanning their face.
- From BluePay — Will facial payment work here like it already does in China?
Many countries have been evolving into cashless societies. First there were credit cards, then mobile payments and now QR …
CeBit 2015 — During the March 15 opening ceremony for CeBIT, the annual I.T. and business expo in Hannover, Germany, …
- Facial Payment – PopID and SoftBank to Launch PopPay In Japan – Wendy’s(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Facial Payment Technology NRF 2022 Award Nomination – Kiosks(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Face Verification – PopID Seeking $50 million Pay By Face(Opens in a new browser tab)
- PopID Facial Payment – Seven Questions for Yale Goldberg(Opens in a new browser tab)