Kiosk Software – NEW to KioWare for Android – Improved Wi-Fi Management & Expanded Guided Setup Assistance
Kiosk Software Version 3.13 of KioWare for Android is now available. New Guided Setup options have been added to make it easier to create a custom start page, set up your device to play videos, and add a start page for use with KioCall video conferencing. KioWare has also added a number of features to improve the use of wireless networks. KioWare for Android also adds the ability to create a reboot schedule for Samsung devices running KNOX.
September 2017, York, PA – Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) has released a new version of KioWare for Android kiosk software allowing users to create a custom start page and improving the wireless network experience, as well as other changes and additions.
KioWare kiosk software products lock down your device into kiosk mode, turning your tablet into a secure kiosk or purposed device for self-service, digital signage, or mobile device management deployments.
Custom Start Page Creation – Easily add buttons and modify styles to create a custom start page
Version 3.13 of KioWare for Android (Lite, Basic, & Full with Kiosk Management) has added new options to the Guided Setup tool. This tool (first available in version 3.12) helps new users quickly and easily configure KioWare. In Version 3.13, the Guided Setup wizard has added options to select the type of deployment they will be needing from additional options including start page creation, video player set up, and KioCall video conferencing portal customization.
Improved Usage and Management of Wireless Networks
KioWare for Android 3.13 has also added features to improve the use of wireless networks on your kiosks. KioWare for Android allows for setting up a Wi-Fi access point list, automatically connecting to networks in the list when KioWare starts, saving networks to the list, and managing existing access points. A Wi-Fi indicator button is also now an option for use with the custom toolbar. This shows the strength and connectivity of the Wi-Fi network, and, optionally, the network name.
Additional new features for KioWare for Android (Lite, Basic, Full with Kiosk Management)
New guided setup options include:
- Custom start page setup – If you don’t have your own web content, you can now create a custom start page with custom buttons to navigate to URLs, open apps, or make calls with KioCall.
- Video player setup – Creates a portal page with buttons that will show full screen video content.
- KioCall portal creation – Creates a portal page with buttons for making calls with KioCall.
New Wi-Fi access and control features include:
- The ability to automatically connect to networks in the list when KioWare starts.
- The ability to save networks in the list.
- The addition of an option to clear known Wi-Fi access points.
The ability to create a Wi-Fi indicator toolbar button:
- Shows the strength and connectivity of the Wi-Fi network.
- Indicates the network name (SSID) when you click the button.
Support for Android 8.0 (Oreo™)
End users can now control screen brightness:
- An option has been added to create a toolbar button to allow kiosk users to control the screen brightness.
Using Samsung KNOX and the KioWare Samsung Support App, Samsung devices with KNOX enabled can reboot the device on a schedule.
KioWare can now be configured to set PDFs to display within a current tab or a new tab.
Support has been updated for Star Micronics Printers.
- KioWare Basic for Android and KioWare Full for Android now support these additional Star Micronics Printer Models: TSP100U/ECO, TSP100GT, BSC10, TSP-L10, SM-S210i/230i and the mPOP mobile printer.
Licensing KioWare for Android
A license is needed for each deployed kiosk running KioWare for Android. Quantity pricing is available. Annual support and maintenance is recommended and current support is required in order to upgrade. View a full description of features for this and other versions of the KioWare product line.
All of these products are available as a free trial download. Existing clients have the ability to upgrade.
KioWare has been providing OS, desktop, and browser lockdown security for the kiosk and self-service industry since 2001 and Android software since 2012.