Here is where we have links to Archive content.
Here are links to earlier content prior to this site:
- Primenet : this was the original iteration of site which was driven by the comp.infosystems.kiosks Usenet newsgroup that Craig Keefner moderated. This site vanished into the ether before web archives were born. Circa mid-1994 Gift Certificate Center, Target and OS/2 days.
- Visi.com/~keefner : this was 2nd iteration and was operational until earlier this year when legacy webserver was terminated in Minnesota. Content included (and saved) includes blogs as well as the original Los Alamos kiosk whitepaper.
- Kiosks.org — here is a snapshot from 1998 with the first featured developer by the name of First Wave. This site was mainstay for many years and owed its success to Craig’s prediction Google would dominate. Altavista & Yahoo were the big ones and Google was garage outfit. Being #1 on Google though paid off. Innovative sections such “Click and Mortar” covered merging of internet and conventional retail. It was also the home site for the first Kiosk Association. This property eventually was sold to outside company which eventually shut it down. The content lives though to some extent via the PRs and Newsbits atarchive link here (1997, 1998 & 1999)…
- Gokiosk.net and Gokis.net — began back in 2003 and picked up where Kiosks.org had left off. Here is the Archives page for gokis.net
- Kiosk Industry Group on LinkedIn – began in 2008 when no-one was paying attention to LinkedIn. I think I had 100 connections at the time.
- Kiosk Industry website – this site launched earlier this year (2014). It is in process of being focus point for all the other audience streams.
- The alias for this site is kiosks.io
- Companion sites include selfserviceindustry.com, thinclient.org, retailsystems.org. An alias isselfservice.io for the self-service industry site. RetailAutomate.com is another subsite.