We had our yearly meeting in Washington, DC on October 16th, 2018 and it was a productive meeting. We thank the U.S. Access Board for having us and meeting with us. Thank you.
- David Capozzi, Executive Director of the U.S. Access Board
- David Yanchulis, Director of Technical and Information Services
- Bruce Bailey, Accessibility and IT Specialist
- James Kruper, KioWare
- Laura Miller, KioWare
- Peter Jarvis, Storm Interface
- Randy Amundson, Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- Terri McClelland, DynaTouch
- Michael Campagna, Mimo Monitors
- Craig A. Keefner, Olea Kiosks Inc.
Devices for Show and Tell Included:
- Audio NavPad we guess that is being tested by companies like Amazon and others [Storm Technology]
- Haptic touchscreen with programmable friction [Mimo Monitors]
It was a full agenda and there were several takeways. Also KMA provided sample Smart City RFPs from actual requests to help the Access Board gain a better understanding of the role of ADA and Accessibility in those types of projects.
One of the agenda items was to introduce to the Access Board our new ADA and Accessibility Co-Chairs Laura Miller and Randy Amundson.
Thanks from all of us at KMA.
Click on any of the pictures for full size image.
For reference here is the FINAL DRAFT Whitepaper. The Use of Voice Recognition and Speech Command Technology as an Assistive Interface for ICT in Public Spaces for Audio. If you have comments please send them to [email protected] or contact Peter at Storm Interface.
Other related articles:
- Kroger Launches Voice Assist
- Whitepaper on Voice Recognition
- Walmart Launches Voice Shopping
- Target Expanding Google Express Voice Shopping
- Voice Order to Dramatically Expand, Currently 20%
- Ask Peapod Goes With Alexa