Editors Note: This is a historical “catch up” article from 2013.
Kiosk Hall of Fame
Kiosk Industry Group is pleased to announce the 2013 inductees into the Kiosk Industry Hall of Fame. These individuals exemplify the pioneering and innovative nature of the self-service kiosk industry.
The Kiosk Industry Group is pleased to announce the 2013 inductees to the Self-Service Kiosk Industry Hall of Fame Presidents Club. These individuals have been recognized and voted in by their peers for truly having had a tremendous impact on the entire kiosk and self-service industry.
Big thank to Edward Crowley at URway Holdings for sponsoring the awards. We were able to have nice awards and everybody liked them very much (including the one we shipped to Australia).
- Frank Olea of Olea
- James Kruper of Kioware
- Sandy Nix with CTS
- Michael Smith founder of NeoProducts
- Edward Crowley with OneSource Interactive
- Ron Bowers Frank Mayer
- Peter B. Snyder Middle East Kiosks
- Thomas Smith of SelfService Networks
- Mike Mayer of Frank Mayer
- Hamed Shahbazi with TIO Networks
The top vote tally went to Frank Olea of Olea. Here are some
words from Frank:
It’s an honor to be elected into the Kiosk Hall of Fame. When I started in his industry nearly twenty years ago at the ripe old age of 20 I never would have guessed it would grow into what it has today. Gone are the days of plunking down an Internet Kiosk in the middle of a retail store.
Customers are connected today unlike any other time in history. Our industry is evolving and our products have gotten more complex in an effort to allow
customers to get better access to services quicker, and on their own schedules. My fellow inductees can tell you that in today’s landscape nothing trumps experience. Nobody really knows what the future holds but if I had to guess I’d say we’ll see Kiosks continue to evolve and market verticals continue to grow as more customers come to expect Self-Service. Companies will self-service to the limits within those verticals.
- Gregg Kaplan – President & Chief Operating Officer Coinstar
- Rick Malone – Founder KIOSK Information Systems
- Bradley Walker – Founder & CEO Nanonation
- Janet L. Webster – President Creative Solutions Consulting
- Cortlandt Johnson – IBM Corporation
- Greg Swistak – Factura
- Doug Peter – President St. Clair Interactive
- Alex Richardson – Managing Director Netkey
- Lawrence Dvorchik – KioskCom Self Service Expo
- Lief Larson – President Workface, Inc.
- Francie Mendelsohn – President Summit Research
- Peter Berens – Founder Apunix
- Sylvia Berens – Founder Apunix
- Craig Keefner – President & CEO Kiosks.Org