Laser Print Kiosk by Xerox
Xerox on Feb 27th announced their new “Print Kiosk”, only it isn’t really a kiosk in the usual sense. It appears to be more user friendly multifunction printer that also allows for pay-for-use with the usual wart-style POS terminal. It does include an embedded 10″ touchscreen (Android tablet?).
Still, if we were running a coffee shop like Starbucks in Vegas or Chicago business district we might be tempted. Many people do consider Starbucks to be their remote office.
Xerox® Instant Print Kiosk
- Walk-up printing, scanning, copying and faxing of documents in virtually any format.
- Unparalleled ease of use.
- Complete compatibility with common mobile printing applications.
- On-demand access to Dropbox™, Google Drive™, SharePoint™, One Drive™ and EFI™ PrintMe® cloud locations.
- Flexible, card-based payment options, including Blackboard and cbord student cards.
Productivity On Demand
With superior performance across all functions, the Xerox® Instant Print Kiosk keeps walk-up users’ jobs moving quickly without hassles. That means more revenue for kiosk owners.
- Up to 55 ppm black and white; up to 50 ppm color.
- Exceptional color quality up to 1200 x 2400 dpi.
- Dual-head single-pass scanner simultaneously scans two sides at once, up to 133 impressions per minute and up to 600 x 600 dpi.
- 10.1” color touchscreen user interface with easy-to-use icons for copy, print, scan, fax.
- Print Preview lets users confirm the accuracy of their print jobs before completion.
- Payment card reader integrates FreedomPay and EFI™ Self-Serve AdminCentral pricing, reporting and secure payment system.
- XMediusFAX® cloud fax service enables fast, secure faxing with no analog phone line required.
- USB thumb drive port for print-from and scan-to capability.
- Front door for securing consumables.
- Office Finisher LX provides more output options, including 2,000-sheet stacking; 50-sheet, 2-position stapling; optional hole punch.
Instant Print Kiosk Self Service
Instant Print Kiosk customers serve themselves with easy print/copy/scan/fax functions. And with EFI™ Self-Serve Admin Central — a cloud-based management portal — administrators have central control of Instant Print Kiosks, wherever they’re located. EFI Self-Serve Admin Central manages payment-card authorization services for all devices with the included FreedomPay card reader, and enables secure credit card payment with chip authorization and P2PE.
Other Laser Printer Kiosk articles
|Craig is a senior staff writer for Kiosk Industry Group Association. He has 25 years of experience in the industry. He contributed to this article.|