Benefits of Utilizing Self-Service Kiosks in Quick Service & Fast Casual
May 2018 | www.frankmayer.com
The following is excerpt from the latest whitepaper by Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc. covering Self-Service Kiosks in Quick Service and Fast Casual. See the complete whitepaper on the Frank Mayer website.
- Enhanced Customer Service
- Improved Productivity
- Increased Profits
Recent industry news pertaining to quick service restaurants (QSRs) and fast casual establishments has shined a spotlight on a growing trend in both sectors – the desire to enhance the customer experience through digital measures.
Included among the numerous digital options has been the growth of self-service kiosks where customers independently order food and pay using a touchscreen versus placing an order to a cashier behind a register.
In the April 2018 Restaurant Readiness IndexTM by PYMNTS.com in collaboration with Bypass and Bank of America Merchant Services, 41 percent of restaurant participants surveyed regarding 2017 Q4 data indicated they had implemented in-store kiosks, a four percent increase over the previous quarter. Kiosks were also the in-store feature that represented the greatest improvement since the previous study, showcasing the steady momentum behind restaurants incorporating self-order kiosk programs into their growth plans.
There are many advantages to QSRs and fast casuals adopting self-order strategies, but three well-documented beneits include enhanced customer service, improved productivity and increased profits. The solid growth and attractive benefits of self-service kiosks means we’ll continue to see our favorite QSRs and fast casual restaurants set themselves apart from the competition.
See the complete whitepaper on the Frank Mayer website.
Frank Mayer in the news
- Frank Mayer at ICX Summit
- Kiosk Magazine – FMA Magazine Spring 2019
- Self-Service Kiosks Meeting Customer Service Needs – Frank Mayer Expands Line
- Retail Marketing Psychology – Frank Mayer
- Point of Purchase Trends – Recap 2018 Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- Whitepaper – Determining ROI for Merchandising Displays and Interactive Kiosks
- Skip The DMV, Renew Your Car Registration At King Soopers « CBS Denver
- Perspective – E-Commerce’s Brick-and-Mortar Revolution
- Automotive Kiosks – Self-Service Technology in the Auto Industry
- ADUSA and Frank Mayer Announce Partnership
- People – Ron Bowers Retires From Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc. After 35 Years
- Whitepaper – The Present-Day Kiosk and Its Benefit to Today’s Consumer
- People : Pete Balistrieri joins Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc.
- Arapahoe County DMV installs new dmv kiosk for license plate renewals
- The Rise of the Nontraditional Checkout
|Craig is a longtime writer of technical stories and documentation for many companies. He has 25 years of experience in the industry|