Financial Kiosk services have been around for a long time. These are often a billpay kiosk for courts and utility billpay but can also be financial services, cash back, ATMs and many other financial functions. Selling new financial services using consumer friendly iPad and Android tablet kiosks is another one.
Verizon Bill Pay Kiosk is example
- Wireless Bill Pay kiosk services- this is the most visible vertical and includes close to 10,000 retail billpay locations when you factor in Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and all of the Walmart and Costco’s
- Variation of Telecom is the Cable Services and bill pay kiosks for providers such as Comcast and Time Warner.
- Municipal bill pay services – many cities opt for self-service bill pay for utilities, cable bills, traffic tickets and more.
- Bank in a Box financial kiosks are the new generation of Multifunction financial service kiosks. Historically they began with units like VCOM used by 7-Eleven.
- Prison and jail kiosks are a variation of financial services. Micropayment management by companies like JPay provide revenue stream to operator as well as the client.
- For many years the ATM industry and companies such as NCR, Wincor Nixdorf, Diebold have attempted to design multifunction ATMs that banks would “buy into”. Advertising services and incorporating certain billpay functions and wire transfer were tried. 7-Eleven with VCOM is good example. The true purpose built function terminals won out in the end however.
Financial Kiosk Case Study Links
For more about Financial Kiosk:
- CRANE – Cash automation, cash recyclers and currency automation. Vending automation and systems.
- ARCA – for software and hardware self-service payment technology
Members with Payment technology
- UCP Inc. – EMV certified devices & gateway provider
Additionally, there are companies such as OptConnect which provide 3G/4G secure monitoring of Smart Safes for ATMs and Kiosks. Companies with software that directly support the cash and coin devices.