Self-Service Industry News for December 2017
Our feature this month is a case study in tablet kiosks and giving back to the community. In it an interactive tablet kiosk from the Kiosk Group serves as the centerpiece of a young man’s Eagle Scout Service Project. Worth noting that every single one of our sponsors and members donate expertise and materials to projects.
ADA Committee – we met with the U.S. Access Board in Washington, DC and had an extended meeting with them covering options for working together going forward. The group was very enthused on both sides. Visit our ADA page for the writeup on the meeting.
Inside Kiosk News
We’ve added a Digital Signage RFP and a Smart Cities RFP section. Atlanta was Intersect we believe and New Jersey and Jersey City are next. Very active and competitive space. Those go along with existing McDonalds news watch. Word there is more changes as far as vendors go. Some in and some out. Sometimes it almost seems easier and better to let someone win the initial deal and then win it for sure later when they don’t execute.
- Best Practice – Are All Touchscreens Created Equal?
- In the Wild – Seva at Walmart
- ADA News – U.S. Access Board in Washington, D.C.
- Glory CASHINFINITY Retail Video
- New Executive – Frank Mayer and Associates, Inc
- Customs Duty Payment Kiosks Now EMV
- Are All Touchscreens Created Equal?
- SlabbKiosks provides kiosk solutions to budding industry
- Feature – A Kiosk Paves Path to Scouting’s Highest Honor
- Case Study – Lilitab & Environmental Sustainability
- Automated Cashier Technology from Cannabis Cash
- Software – KioWare for Windows 8.12 New Devices
- News from the U.S. Access Board – Sep/ Oct 2017
- T-Minus Forty! – ATM Armageddon and EMV
- United Airlines Gets EZ Access certification
New Members and Sponsors
- Pyramid — QSR and Hospitality self-service
- Storm Interface – keyboards, input and accessibility
- Glory Global
- Assistra Technology
- KFI Custom Printer
Kiosk Industry Association on Social Media
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/KioskIndustry
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kioskindustry
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+KioskIndustryOrgAssociation
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups/59058
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/craigkeefner/
About the Kiosk Industry Group
The Kiosk Industry Group is a news and marketing association for self-service and kiosk manufacturers. It is for the benefit of kiosk manufacturers, developers, resources and client companies who are involved in self-service transaction machines (SSTM). News about the industry and by the industry is published on our website when it is relevant to companies that deploy or may deploy self-service, or to companies that support those deployers with hardware, software or applications. The Kiosk Industry Group has been active since 1995. Our audience this year on the website is 50,000 (human). Visit https://kioskindustry.org for more information.
And thanks to all of our sponsors. They are the ones along with our members that make this network available.
Kiosk Definition for the day –
A self-service transaction machine or SSTM for attended, semi-attended and unattended self-service for customers and employees.
Our mailing address is:
Kiosk Industry Group
P.O. Box 575
Eastlake, CO 80614
Copyright © 2017 Kiosk Industry Group, All rights reserved.
You signed up for monthly email from Catareno with events and news from kiosk, thin client, retail and self-service check-in industry