Unveiled this week the “Connected Mall” experience in Palo Alto, Calif. The installation features a “smart” directory developed by eBay for the Simon Innovation Group that elevates the shopping experience by providing consumers with a suite of services, including point-to-point navigation and personalized offers and deals.
Features of the new digital directory include:
- A 72″ LCD, full HD, all-weather touchscreen viewable in direct sunlight
- Mall maps available in 3D view, with accurate orientation of the shopper within the mall to their exact location, including the direction he/she is facing
- The option to browse through the interactive map, events, services and store deals, also allowing a shopper to search for what they are looking for by touching multiple categories (food, services, retail, restroom, etc.) Upon selection of a specific store or service needed, the interactive map will highlight its location and the best route
- The shopper can then push the directions to their mobile phone and follow the recommended path to their selected store (international mobile numbers are accepted)
- A “today” button that highlights events and deals happening on that specific day
- Handicap feature allows the shopper to shift the orientation of the map and menu, creating a more easily accessible experience