Kiosk and Digital Signage News from Industry Group and Kiosk Association (KMA) for Jan. 2022
Here is the link on PRNewswire and also the link on APNews – January News
DENVER, Colo., Jan 12, 2022 — January news from the Industry Group and the Kiosk Association: NRF is coming up this weekend and we are hopeful our retail facial payment finalist takes home the “Best Payment Innovation” award. The transactions and enrollment numbers certainly justify it. Editors Note: Also see VIP Award Candidate for Make-A-Wish as well.
We also thank Jim Kruper with KioWare who is managing the booth. Stop by and see contactless self-order, assistive technology ala McDonalds and the new Ingenico Self-4000 terminal. He is featured on our portal page on NRF — NRF Big Show #1606.
Big legal ADA news is Quest Diagnostics got very bad news on two fronts. The class action part will drive remedial actions across the entire country, and all units. That originally inexpensive kiosk has the definite possibility now of turning out to be an expensive choice.
For the upcoming DSE show in Vegas/March, besides hoping COVID will subside, we are hoping to show a cool 4K 85-inch demo deployed recently at super major retailer (they sell staples?) We recommend reading a message by Brad Gleeson and contacting him for more info. At NRA our odds are pretty good we will have the Samsung “KMA” kiosk in our booth (running Nanonation partner software). We are in the Tech Pavilion.
New Gold sponsors – FEC POS — now entering self-checkout (SCO) kiosk market. American Kiosks – offices here in Colorado. Custom projects is prime competency.
* ADA Kiosk Quest Diagnostics Update + Walmart Blind Access
* Olea Kiosks Names Director of Sales
* Message from Brad Gleeson — Digital Signage Tradeshow
* Video of Latest Starbucks..oops I mean 7-Eleven Digital Menus
* OLED Display Solution 30 Percent Brighter Than Standard OLED — LG
* LG taps DSP Concepts for voice command recognition
* Redbox Digital Signage Kiosks Coming Soon!
* Autonomous Robots – Sidewalk Robot with Uber and 7-Eleven
* Autonomous Robots Airport Food Delivery Robot
* Restaurant Market Report – Investment in 2022 includes tech, real estate
* Drive Thru Technology – McDonalds Sells Platform to IBM
OTHER SEGMENTS (E.G., HOSPITALITY)
* Hotel chain converts Windows PCs to Chrome OS
* Linux Developer for Kiosks – Raspberry PI developer for Kiosks
* Accessibility Trends For Internet Access – Desktops and Mobiles – 2022 – What will be considered accessible?
For more information contact Craig Keefner, 720-324-1837 or [email protected] or you can visit https://kioskindustry.org/.
Since 1996 for 25 years serving the self-service technology market. For a complete list of verticals visit The Industry Group ( https://industrygroup.org/ ).
NEWS SOURCE: Kiosk Association
Keywords: Point of Sale and Kiosks, self-service technology market, Kiosk Association, kiosks, Ingenico Self-4000 terminal, DENVER, Colo.