Bitcoin ATMs and How To Use
How to Use a Bitcoin ATM or BATM. Sounds pretty simple but it conjures visions of hackers, the dark web and a bank of PCs with Nvidia processors mining for Bitcoin.
If you spend any time on Yahoo Finance, you can see the deployments are up 85% this year, thanks in part to the coronavirus.
Bitcoin installations have increased by 85% to 11,798, outpacing the previous year’s near 50% rise by a significant margin, according to data source Coin ATM Radar.
The spike demonstrates the rising popularity of bitcoin as a payment mode. The fear of getting a coronavirus infection has accelerated the growth in the broader contactless payment market this year, according to Global Trade Magazine.
Bitcoin ATM In brief from Decrypt article
- BATMs or BTMs are a convenient way to buy and sell small amounts of cryptocurrency.
- For small transactions, they don’t require KYC, making them easier to use than setting up an account at an exchange.
- Before transacting with a BATM you’ll need a cryptocurrency wallet, though some ATMs can set up a paper wallet for you.
Bitcoin ATM BTM — How Do I Use ?
Nice video by CoinFlip shows how to use one..
Bitcoin pioneer Bitstop has partnered with KIOSK Information Systems(KIOSK), the largest custom self-service solution provider in North America, to bring their next-generation Bitcoin kiosk to market, enabling customers to easily buy and sell bitcoin and other digital currencies. KIOSK, along with their parent company Posiflex, will be featuring the new Bitstop ATM at the EuroCIS conference in Posiflex’s booth #C42/Hall 9.
Bitstop’s Bitcoin software platform paired with KIOSK’s industry-leading hardware sets a new standard in the Bitcoin ATM Industry, an industry that has grown from nothing five years ago to over 4,000 ATMs in 2018 (coinatmradar.com). Over 1000 Bitcoin machines have been installed in Europe with deployments all over Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Poland and the United Kingdom. Worldwide, new deployments are happening daily.
These machines allow retailers to monetize unused floor space and drive additional foot traffic to the store. BATMs are becoming more common in typical retail storefronts such as supermarkets, malls, petrol stations, hotels & airports.
In Denver we also have American Kiosks as a major manufacturers
Using the BitStop BATM
We checked here in Denver. It’s a mining town. We see 20 different locations around us. Oddly enough if we search Google Maps for just ATM, we also see 20 locations.
- Five things an ATM operator needs to consider entering Bitcoin ATM market
- Bitcoin ATM Kiosk Crypto Kiosks(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Bitcoin ATM Bitcoin Kiosk News – Bitstop and KIOSK Information Systems Bitcoin ATM Partnership at NRF Big Show(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Bitcoin ATM KIosk(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Bitcoin ATM aka Bitcoin Kiosk – What is it and How To Use FAQ(Opens in a new browser tab)