Payment kiosk & Bill Pay Kiosk
includes projects such as AT&T Bill Pay, Verizon Bill Pay, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
Sponsors with Payment kiosk technology
- Olea Kiosk – wide range of standard bill payment models including counter top, wall-mount and bulk accept
- KIOSK Information Systems – Complete payment fulfillment options including cash, credit / debit (fully secure and encrypted), checks, gift cards, and electronic check payment.
- ARCA – for software and hardware self-service payment
Payment kiosk technology
- UCP Inc. – EMV certified devices & gateway provider
Additionally, there are companies such as OptConnect which provide 3G/4G secure monitoring of Smart Safes for ATMs and Kiosks. Companies with software that directly support the cash and coin devices.
ROI Rationale — Verizon Wireless has answered the call for a faster way for its customers to pay wireless bills. Nearly all Verizon Wireless Communications Stores feature bill payment kiosk payment stations, a fast and easy way for customers to manage their wireless telephone bills. The kiosks cut wait times drastically for customers who prefer to make in-store bill payments. The kiosks are very much like ATM machines, but instead of dispensing money they collect kiosk payments (Hey, that’s sounding pretty good already…) and they can apply credit to the customers’ wireless accounts. The machines accept cash, credit cards, personal checks and gift cards. Cash back. No interchange fees.
Payments can be posted for either a customer’s monthly service plan or for pre-pay service plans. The pay kiosks which are accessible during store hours-require only the customer’s account number and the establishment of a PIN number. Payments post immediately after the transaction is complete. The kiosk system proves advantageous to those who favor prompt, convenient transactions.
“The kiosks allow our customers to avoid waiting in line to make an in-store payment and give them greater flexibility and control over their payments,” says Keith Slater, director of communications stores for Verizon Wireless’ Upstate New York Region.
The immediacy of a kiosk payment can be beneficial in a number of situations:
- Customers can easily avoid late payment fees for a bill they may have overlooked.
- The parents of a college student would be able to make payments for their child, using the kiosk to help with the student’s finances.
- Customers who frequently travel for business or take vacations could use kiosks nationwide to manage their accounts.
- A family member of a customer who unexpectedly falls ill, or may be confined to the home (such as an expectant mother or someone with an injury) could pay the bill by using the kiosk.
As an added incentive to customers who use the bill payment kiosks, receipts from kiosk transactions often include special offers and promotions.
Verizon Bill Payment Kiosks Example
“The kiosks help us manage the flow of traffic through our stores more effectively and provide our customers with a much easier, quicker way to manage their wireless accounts,” says John Palmer, president of Verizon Wireless’ Upstate New York Region.
Verizon bill payment kiosks generally take cash, check or credit card. Coin is not an option. The customers are entirely mobile phone owners and their payments are generally in cash mostly with some credit and maybe 20% in old fashion checks.
More Bill Payment Kiosk News
- 6 Tips for Boosting Customer Engagement and Kiosks
- Press Release – KMA Self-Service Kiosk Trade Shows March April 2019
- Qwickmedia Deploying Smart Lockers
- Automation Self-Service – The Robots Are Coming — AI self-order and recycling replacing humans
- AI Drive-Thru Kiosk – Good Times Using AI For Order Taking
- Ways Kiosks Are Used, Real-Estate Kiosks, Digital Signage Software
- DSE 2019 Digital Signage Show
- Smart City Whitepaper & Connected Cities – LG MRI
- Self-Service Kiosks Meeting Customer Service Needs – Frank Mayer Expands Line
- Peerless-AV Contracted By Minor League Baseball as Display Partner
- All-In-One Kiosk Powered by BrightSign – Peerless-AV
- AudioEye – New Sponsor specializing in Accessibility
- Lexmark – New Sponsor for KMA
- New Sponsor – Tech For All Accessibility & UI
- Bill Pay Kiosks & Unbanked Underbanked
Bill Payment Kiosk related information:
- Kiosk Information Systems Financial Services webpage
- VDC Self-Service Kiosk executive brief
- Benefits of Bill Pay Kiosk by US Payments
- Kiosk Market 2015 by Transparency Research
- Kiosk Market 2014 by CAKCEK