Kiosk Hacking Demo
Lots of tools out there. This one sorts of puts the wrap on Windows XP (and 7 to extent).Complete how-to from Defcon 16 and Paul Craig (who has since moved onto ATMs).
Here is pdf of entire presentation — defcon-16-craig
The web address for iKat is ikat period h period cked period net
- An online tool you visit from any Kiosk terminal.
- Provides content to help an escape from any application jail.
- “Sure would help me during penetration tests”
Available Remote Input Vectors:
Remotely hosted content, viewed by a Kiosk.
ClickOnce applications (.NET Online Application Deployment).
Internet Zone protocol handlers.
File type handlers.
Flash, Director, Windows Media Player, Real, QuickTime, Acrobat, other browser plug-ins.
More Security Kiosk news
- Tokenworks ID Authenticate Product News – User Authentication Drivers License April 21, 2018
- Kiosk Malware Avanti – PoS malware hits food kiosks, steals payment card and biometric info – Help Net Security July 10, 2017
- Kiosk Hacking Demonstration – Defcon 16 May 28, 2017
- Pornographic video at D.C.’s Union Station disassembled; content provider takes responsibility, claims it wasn’t a hack May 23, 2017
- Clever Password Tricks Aren’t Protecting You from Today’s Hackers May 18, 2017