Today Self-Service Kiosk News
Kiosk news from around the globe. We don’t formally post all of these but we do summarize and note them.
These are all curated of note by our editors. If interesting and noteworthy then KI wants to make a note.
- 0812 – VA and Cerner appear to “back on” this time the date is October. Veterans Patient Check-in kiosk in play here. Link
- 08/12 — Recommended Accessibility requirements for RFPs article by The Paciello Group (TPG). Link
- 08/11 — Simon Malls in talks with Amazon (ditto Penneys)
- 08/11 – TSA is putting in new ID verification (CAT). Credential authentication technology (CAT) at Thurgood Marshall Airport and others. Not kiosks, just desktop devices inline for use. Link
- 08/10 — GRUBBRR works with BlueStar. BlueStar is a Solutions-based distributor seeking to offer its customers complete solutions which can be taken to market and not just individual pieces of hardware. GRUBBRR will work with BlueStar for ready-to-go self-ordering solutions. BlueStar distributes much of the hardware used in GRUBBRR products, and now will have access to the software that can transform those products from simple hardware into automation solutions. Link to full article
- 08/04 — From HotelBusiness — Temperature Scanning Can Help Employees & Guests Achieve Peace of Mind– article link
- 08/04 – Elo announces Elo AccessTM temperature screening kiosk. Looks to be a “turnkey solution” application for wellness-check at the door. Specs for bolometer and camera not disclosed. Press release link
- 08/02 — Curative deploys first Covid19 testing kiosk in California. Not bad looking. Link
- 07/29 – Business News – McDonalds Profit Plunges 68%
- 07/29 – Henry Ford hospital adds temperature screening kiosks. Note that this has been misreported as retinal scanning when in fact after speaking to hospital they confirmed to KI that it is in fact inexpensive Infrared sensors.
- 07/29 – Esper Partners with Point Mobile rugged Android Lifecycle
- 07/29 – Sonic Launches New Design for Drive-In / Drive-Thru
- 07/26 — A man using a prosthetic mask stole more than $100,000 at casinos, prosecutors say. Colletti, 55, allegedly targeted his victims by illegally obtaining their personal information and then using counterfeit driver’s licenses to withdraw funds from their personal bank accounts via self-service kiosks at the casinos. The kiosks, operated by Global Payments Gaming Services, are used by the casino industry for bill-breaking, jackpot processing, cash withdrawals, cash advances, and ticket exchanges, among other services, according to the complaint. The kiosks require users to insert their driver’s license and the last four digits of both their Social Security number and phone number before checking account funds can be withdrawn. Each victim had previously enrolled to have their bank accounts linked to their profile in Global Payments’ “VIP Preferred Program,” the complaint said. Link to article on CNN
- 07/21 — How the pandemic is affecting business travelers in airports. Lots of pictures with this article. Malaysia, UAE, Canada, Doha. Link
- 07/21 — 170 companies now offering thermal imaging. In Just 6 Months, ‘Fever Cameras’ Have Become a Full-Fledged Industry More than 150 companies now sell alleged fever-detecting technology aimed at the coronavirus. Link
- 07/21 — Temperature screening — Suprema Adds Thermal Camera to Biometric Kiosk Solution LINK
- 07/21 – American Airlines unveils touchless kiosks. The kiosk prints the bag tags, all without the customer having to touch the kiosk. Link
- 07/20 – The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) has selected passenger temperature screening technology for use at Hawaii’s public airports to help protect the community and identify passengers with a potentially elevated body temperature. Nice article too at Homeland Security
- 07/20 – Temperature Screening Kiosk video for Border/Immigration by Wello.
- 07/20 — Olea offers financing on temperature kiosks. $8 per day for a temp screening kiosk including shipping and extended onsite warranty when you finance. Compared to assigning and employee to scan everyone coming in the building not to mention safety it’s a no brainer really.
- 07/16 – Olea Hires Director of Alliances & Partnerships – Olea announces the hiring of channel sales and partnerships industry expert, Rusty Gaynes, as Director of Strategic Alliances and Partnerships.
- 07/16 – Networld announcers new virtual summit — Self-Service Innovation Virtual Summit Dec. 8-9, 2020. Wide range of self-service interest including vending, food packaging and more.
- 07/16 – South Hall Kroger gets new DMV tag renewal kiosk. Link
- 07/16 – Webinars – July 16th — Panel Discussion — The rapid growth of kiosks and the next evolution beyond self-service
Thursday, 16th July at 4:00pm UK time
- Tradeshows – Yesterday (7/9) NRF announced the Big Show will not be happening in January. Instead it will be in early June. A virtual show will occur in January. Here is the link. We will be in 1503. Now NRF is just about two weeks after the National Restaurant Association show in Chicago. We were expecting the postponement as we became aware of several of their marquee “biggest show of the year” companies grounded their travel thru January. At NRA the KMA has a 10×20 in the Tech Pavilion. Here is our booth location.
- Payment — KIOSK Achieves Bill Payment Solution Approval by Intel and Becomes Affiliate Member of the Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance – get the update: https://lnkd.in/guvyWkX
- Customer Experience – Top 80 Stats About A Future Customer Experience Shaped By Technology — Link
- Electric Cars – Electric Car Charging Stations Are Finally About to Take Off – Bloomberg
- Kiosk Software – KioWare for Windows | Configuring KioTouch™ YouTube Video
- Airlines – Changing the way we fly and interact at airports with smart self-service solutions by Materna IPS GmbH. This is not a short #COVID response but a sustainable solution to upgrade the flyer’s customer journey. Pyramid Computer GmbH is very proud to be part of that solution. New Self-Bag Drop Materna
- Thermal Imaging — MoviTHERM launches FLIR A500-EST. A camera designed with your elevated skin surface temperature screening needs in mind. https://zcu.io/yEJu
- Coming soon: The new embedded RFID module from Zebra Technologies. The RE4000 is Zebra’s first RFID module designed to be embedded into Zebra’s RFID printers and third-party OEM equipment. Endless applications include medical devices, kiosks, access control, smart lockers, robots, vending machines, casino terminals, ticketing systems, POS terminals and many more.
- McDonalds Kiosks — McDonalds permanently closing Times Square Flagship. Link. McDonald’s confirmed this week that the company has made the “difficult decision” to close the famed corporate store in Times Square, a move that was in the works prior to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Healthcare Kiosks — as news reports detail the impact COVID-19 will have on our population and the healthcare system that serves it, many medical facilities have put systems in place to streamline services and keep frontline workers safe…… — Link
- Budget Considerations for Self-Service Kiosk Success — Link — carefully consider each of these five high-level areas in solution budgeting – they will all come up. This is a macro view of the main elements of project budget, and supplier evaluation considerations that can most effect your budget
- Touchless Hand Sanitizer Kiosk video —
- Custom America announces the availability of the all new D4 desktop label printer – read more about the new product release here:
- Appetize on “What is a Virtual Kiosk” — Virtual Kiosk allows guests to instantly access mobile ordering on their smartphone. It uses QR or Quick Response Codes– a surprisingly easy to use technology– to bring guests directly into the ordering site.
- Evoke Partners with Core Intelligence on Distancing Application — We’re excited to partner with Evoke Creative for CORE | Intelligence Powered By FastSensor, designed to allow business owners to monitor social distancing in real-time through our groundbreaking, AI technology, all while allowing you to get to know your customers better than ever.
- Frank Olea Podcast with 16:9 — Excerpt on touchless — Yeah, it’s fun. It’s gimmicky. But yeah, getting the public to change their behavior is gonna be really hard. I mean, it ‘s about the path of least resistance, right? So unless it’s easier, it’s not gonna happen.
- New telemedicine kiosk option from Lilitab — Introducing new Telemedicine Tablet Cart. It’s perfectly suited for any healthcare environment to be wheeled into patient rooms allowing doctors to “see” their patients at a safe distance. It meets all ADA requirements for lying, seated, and standing positions with self-adjusting tilt.
- FDA Makes Hand Sanitizer Recommendations — FDA advises consumers not to use any hand sanitizer manufactured by Eskbiochem SA de CV in Mexico, due to the potential presence of methanol (wood alcohol), a substance that can be toxic when absorbed through the skin or ingested. FDA has identified the following products
- Video Call Kiosks from KIOSK — Compunetix is pleased to announce a partnership with KIOSK Information Systems (KIOSK) to deliver Video Call Center™ (VCC) on digital kiosks. Compunetix Video Call Center (VCC) for Healthcare is a browser-based, real-time voice and video workflow solution for healthcare providers that need to remain available to their patients in a safe and secure manner.
- Walk-In Testing Kiosks in South Korea
- Moviegoers return as Cinemark cautiously reopens — Cinemark is the first major theater chain in North Texas to reopen its doors, welcoming customers Friday at locations in West Plano, McKinney and northwest Dallas off of Webb Chapel. It will resume operations at other locations on a rolling basis in the coming weeks.
- Electronic Shipping Kiosks — D’Arrigo California has implemented shipping kiosks at their shipping facility in Salinas, CA. This innovative tool, which contains a proprietary software program, was developed to improve efficiencies of the shipping process. D’Arrigo California’s investment in the electronic shipping kiosks and its proprietary software program demonstrates its commitment to provide efficiencies throughout its supply chain.
- Will PPE Dispensing Kiosks Attract Travelers?
- MetroClick/faytech Launches Sanitization Solution with Thermal Sensing for Retail, Hospitality and Travel Companies LINK
- Ontario International Airport adds PPE kiosks in passenger terminals — LINK
- California Re-Opens 169 DMV Offices – Recommends DMV Now kiosk for transactions – LINK
- Touchless Sales Kiosks scam in Canada – Link
- Burroughs Pitches Kiosks – link
- Telemedicine Kiosks Sav-On Canada link
- Health Safety Kiosk from MPS – link
Feb 2019 – Wow Bao Expansion
Wow Bao announced further expansion plans within the East Coast market. In quarter one 2020, Wow Bao will open three new locations at some of the largest transportation hubs in the region, including Dulles International Airport, Boston Logan International Airport and Raleigh-Durham International Airport. https://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/wow-bao-plots-east-coast-expansion-2020
Dec 2019 Vending Machines for Water
Californians are turning to vending machines for safer water. Are they being swindled?
Nov 2019 – Sports Betting Kiosk, Moe’s Grill, CLEAR Airport Expansion
|Senecas to open sports betting at three WNY casinos10 shareshttps://www.newyorkupstate.|
|Moe’s Southwest Grill To Open First All-Digital Restaurant In Oakland136 shareshttps://pittsburgh.cbslocal.|
|CLEAR’s Latest Expansion: Chicago-O’Hare Terminal 1by Kyle Potter 37 shareshttps://thriftytraveler.com/|
|Three Square Self Pay Market opens at CherryVale Mall2 shareshttps://www.wifr.com/content/|
More Kiosk News Links from Kiosk Manufacturers Association